Streamline Media Group
Las Vegas , NV 89145
Posted 3 weeks ago
Who we are
Streamline was founded in 2001 in The Netherlands by four young, passionate gamers with a gift for modding and developing original games. Twenty years later, Streamline has weathered the digital transformation, economic crisis, and a global pandemic. Since our first project, Gunman Chronicles, we've established strong relationships with AAA developers, publishers, and brands across entertainment and enterprise industries.
Streamline is now five brands with over 180 people across three continents. We've evolved into a company that bridges media, entertainment, technology, and enterprise with video game technology and methodology. We continue to seek out like-minded creatives and innovators to collaborate with, as we love playing games, and we love working in and developing new tools and technologies to build them.
Our philosophy has always been to create fair relationships that grow value for everyone involved with respect and dignity.
People. Process. Technology.
If you wish to learn more about our company, here is a video of our CEO, Alexander Fernandez, sharing about the culture of Streamline Media Group: https://www.youtube.com/c/starveup
What this position offers you
As a System Administrator, you will be working alongside the head of IT to provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain all hardware and software-related infrastructure.
You will be responsible for all back-end servers, storage, and network-related systems. In addition to working with traditional IT-related infrastructure, you will also have the opportunity to work on implementing and supporting proprietary tools and technologies unique to the video games industry.
*Candidate must be based in the US*
What all this means for you
- We dont have all the answers, so we need to be flexible and iterate quickly
- We are breaking new ground all the time and want to bring our customers along for the ride
What you bring to the team
- Proficiency in English.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- Ability to work on-call when required.
- Good working knowledge of a Windows Server environment (Windows Server, Active Directory, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Linux (Amazon Linux, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Strong experience with advanced networking technologies and appliances (switches, next-gen firewalls, enterprise wireless networks, DNS, VPN, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise IT security best practices (PCI Compliance, ISO, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of virtualized server environments (Hyper-V, VDI, etc)
- Familiarity with enterprise-class storage (SAN, NAS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Office 365 and Azure Active Directory.
How we win together
Your core responsibilities within the department:
- Assist head of IT in designing, implementing, and maintaining back-end infrastructure systems. Including but not limited to server, network, storage, backup, Cloud (AWS), and other core-infrastructure technologies.
- Build and update documentation for IT infrastructure systems and policies.
- Assist the dedicated desktop support team in troubleshooting and resolving high-level technical issues.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the rest of the IT team.
- Help to design, implement, and enforce company-wide security policies. Perform regular security audits and log reviews.
- Responsible for maintaining uptime and backups of all mission-critical application services.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services. (Production experience with common AWS services such as EC2, RDS, Route53, S3, ELB, Cloudfront, etc.)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- IT certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, Amazon, Red hat, etc.)
- Familiarity with remote working technologies and best practices
- Working knowledge of highly complex IT systems.
- Strong analytical thinking. Knowledge and experience to effectively deal with issues.
- Strong understanding of network topology and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail. Experience administering systems in high traffic, multi-system, public facing environment.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
Streamline has been committed to prioritizing the well-being of their global teams since January 2020, through fast and consistent COVID-19 Response. This includes remote work and flexible hours, work-from-home set up assistance, healthcare benefits, localised holidays, ongoing virtual training and mentorship programs.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.