System Administrator - Linux / Windows / Vmware
Annapolis Junction , MD 20701
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Annual Salary: $125,000 - $250,000 (based on years of experience)
Build Something to Be Proud Of.
Captivation Software has built a reputation on providing customers exactly what is needed in a timely manner. Our team of engineers take pride in what they develop and constantly innovate to provide the best solution. Captivation Software is looking for mid/senior level software developers who can get stuff done while making a difference in support of the mission to protect our country.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and integrate cutting-edge software-based solutions for mission customer-oriented applications and frameworks.
- Writing automated tests to verify code quality
- Implement working applications from mockups provided by designers
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active security clearance TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- Strong interest in building dynamic, efficient, and well-engineered software
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar
- Proven aptitude to learn quickly
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong background in the field of software engineering
- Firm understand of software best practices
- This position requires experience with both LINUX and WINDOWS System Administration
- VMware experience
- Virtualization experience (VMware vCenter, ESXi, KVM)
- A minimum of 3 years system administration experience with computer systems
- Within the last 3 years, experience with either UNIX or Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year scripting experience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year experience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities
A preferred candidate will have experience with any of the following:
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) or Redhat Certified Technician (RHCT) certification is highly desirable and can substitute for 1 year experience.
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Experience with IAVA patching
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon storage, NiagaraFiles (NiFi) dataflow.
- Knowledge of networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat), NFS, SMB, and OpenLDAP.
- Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, perl scripting.
- Up to 20% 401k contribution (no matching required)
- Above market hourly rates
- $3,000 HSA Contribution
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Employee Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance / Life Insurance / Short-Term & Long-Term Disability / AD&D