Lombard , IL 60148
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
- Provide technical assistance to computer system users.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
- May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Keep current with new Information Technology Security protocols, Operating Systems and core production server applications
- Perform basic systems security administration functions, including creating customer profiles and accounts
- Monitor and manages system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency
- Write or modify basic scripts to resolve performance problems and automate systems administration tasks
- Perform or assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing production problems; corrects identified problems
printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Primary Duties and
- Maintain system efficiency.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor servers to ensure security and availability to specific users.
- Evaluate and modify system's performance.
- Identify user needs and system needs.
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Troubleshooting- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Oral Expression- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, or equivalent experience in related field.
- 3+ years in IT
Health BCBS, Dental, Vision, 401k Match, 15 days PTO, Phone and Internet Allowance, Growth, Top Notch Training!