A&E Engineering, Inc
Greer , SC 29651
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The SystemAdministrator assists the Director of Technology by supporting the multi-site enterprise network. This support includes existing network technologies, server systems and related environments. The SystemAdministrator works closely with the Director of Technology to maintain environment operation, maintain integrity, and ensure system uptime. It is critical that this person has the ability to maintain professional conduct when dealing with sensitive and confidential information, data, and situations.
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science from a recognized university or college, or 2 years equivalent Network Administration experience
- Exemplary leadership skills, highly motivated and works with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical thought process with sound judgement and a keen attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a collaborative spirit (able to work as part of a team, work in a global enterprise organization, adhere to common standards).
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the following technologies is a necessity: Windows Server 2012 R2 and higher, Linux and/or Unix, Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V), DNS, DHCP, network protocols, Backup systems, Microsoft client-software (Windows, Office, etc.), Storage Systems, MS SQL 2012 and higher, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, automatic software deployment tools, PowerShell and other scripting languages, Cisco networking
- Experience with cloud services and technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and others
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for backup, restore, and media handling.
- Orders hardware based on given standards, setup, and delivery of workstations/workplaces.
- Monitors availability, health, and capacity of all network infrastructure systems.
- Contributes and participates in IT projects.
- Contributes to end-user support regarding enterprise IT services.
- Keeps inventory of tangible and non-tangible assets up-to-date.
- Contributes to planning process (hardware, software, budget, projects).
- Ensures proper planning, testing and implementation of changes to production environments.
- Responds daily to Help Desk Tickets as assigned within required SLAs
- Manages servers in a Windows Active Directory environment (as assigned)
- Works to ensure that each server and services hosted on it have 100% uptime
- Ensures stable network connectivity at the company facilities (both wired and wireless networks)
- Manages and participates in various technical and systems related projects
- Meets with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business requirements and goals, and identify and resolve business issues; and document accordingly
- Conducts research on hardware and software products to support recommendations for purchasing efforts
- Ensures that all servers meet security policies, as they apply to company policies
- Coordinates with development/support teams to schedule and install software releases as needed
- Reads and understands policy and procedures manuals. Reads equipment and software manuals, help files and technical bulletins. Reads sections of software manuals to learn about advanced procedures and improvements to upgraded versions
- Discusses technical matters with co-workers, colleagues, and suppliers. Discuss challenging software operations with co-workers and help develop instructions for users
- Troubleshoots and advises computer users with malfunctioning computer hardware and software
- Prepares, monitors, and adjusts work schedules and analyzes data on user support services provided
- Evaluates information technology needs and users' software needs. Reviews experience with a number of relevant software applications and makes recommendations
- Performs majority of tasks independently and coordinates efforts with Director of Technology to complete challenging repairs, assess the performance of departments and exchange information about new hardware and software
- Continuously learns to update their own technical knowledge. Learns by reading solution logs, help files, manuals, newsletters, and trade publications, and through trial and error.
- Attends and participates in training seminars, as assigned by Director of Technology
- Availability during normal business hours Monday Friday, 8am-5pm
- Must be willing and able to work holidays, weekends and extended hours, as required
- Ability to travel to satellite offices and/or client locations, as required
- Must have valid drivers license
- A&E Engineering, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Compensation & BenefitsA&E Engineering, Inc. offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision; HSA; LT & ST Disability; 401(k); Paid Holidays, Sick & Vacation
Why A&E Engineering?As a member of our team, you will be launching and building a successful career in automation and engineering, while tackling rewarding, fast-paced, high geek-factor assignments that challenge your intellect and skill. You will have the opportunity to learn from and work with some of the best engineering minds in the business; deepening your experience in industries such as automotive, chemicals, life sciences and others. While getting constant exposure to a wide variety of applications, industries, and customers, you will develop long term, beneficial relationships with key individuals. Your teammates at A&E will support you, have your back and arent afraid to have fun. Come be a part of a team that furthers your careers goals; rewards hard work, creativity and commitment; and cares about YOU.