System Admin- (Unix & Linux)
Henrico , VA 23238
Posted 2 months ago
Job Title : System Admin- (Unix & Linux) -1628
Location : 12650 West Creek Location Code 1901, Richmond, VA 23238
Duration : 12 Months
- Under general supervision maintains the integrity of distributed Operating Systems Support.
- Performs moderate level infrastructure support tasks, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting and provides resolution of problem tickets.
- Implements upgrades and patches. Recommends and remediates problems and vulnerabilities to meet customer needs and maintain a stable environment.
- Works with clients and senior engineers to document/implement storage and backup requests or revisions. Practices change control and applies strict adherence to FRIT change control policy
and follows all change guidelines.
- Engages in infrastructure review and operational readiness activities to ensure solutions are production ready .
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Working Conditions: Will require the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc.
Physical Demands: Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting carrying, pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs. Hours of Work: May require extended work hours.
Candidate must have specific knowledge and competency in: Redhat Enterprise Linux High Availability (RHEL-HA) - ability to configure high availability in RHEL and troubleshoot cluster issues
Redhat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV) - ability to install, configure and troubleshoot RHEV host and management service as well as underlying virtual RHEL instances Redhat Satellite - ability
to use Satellite for
software currency and OS patching efforts. Add packages, validate jobs and troubleshoot issues.
Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary. May be subject to on-call and call back as needed.
May be exposed to moderate noise from equipment. Bachelor*s Degree or equivalent experience with 3 to 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Provides technical/production support and expertise for critical infrastructure services to Federal Reserve business functions and mission critical financial applications.
It supports an enterprise multi-platform environment that requires disciplines following ITIL methodologies.
The technical discipline includes UNIX, Linux and associated infrastructure management and security software, tools and utilities.
Performs production support tasks including health check, hardware and software maintenance, configurations, and troubleshooting.
Experienced level position requires developing career in field and gaining knowledge of industry practices.
Requires moderate level of experience and proficiency in field. Knowledge:
Progressive knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area.
General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures and technologies.
Communications: Strong interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making, and contributing to his or her function s risk management.
Decision Making: Works under direction with infrequent checks; follows established methods and clear-cut policy. Makes decisions when general instructions or established methods indicate
action to be taken.
System Admin- (Unix & Linux), Redhat Enterprise Linux