Svp, Medical Education
San Diego , CA 92101
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
This position is responsible for the overall management and growth of the medical educational agency business and assumes a key role in the development of the medical education strategy. This position will identify and pursue new business opportunities as well as retain and grow existing business. We are seeking a skilled, innovative and collaborative leader with proven experience in leading and mentoring the medical education teams while building quality and service improvement initiatives which are highly responsive to organization needs and expectations. The successful candidate will have extensive leadership experience overseeing continuing medical education programs and activities, excellent communication skills and the ability to work collegially in a matrix environment with academic leadership, directors, faculty and health care providers. Proven experience with change management and process improvement are essential.
Bachelors degree and experience in a relevant educational field is required, CHCP certified preferred. Knowledge and understanding of the trends and forces shaping health care and patient outcomes, and in particular Medical Education and its educational support services is essential. The successful candidate will have demonstrated fiscal management capabilities including effective expense reduction, utilization management, budget control and pursuit of extramural funding and revenue generation.
- Analyzes client business opportunities based on strategic goals and objectives
- Pursue and close new business opportunities
- Track measurable program outcomes and ensure learnings from outcomes are used in assessment of subsequent grant; ensure timely financial reconciliations and monitor selected programs
- Stays abreast of industry trends, changes in regulation and guidelines and drives/ advocates for ongoing enhancement of our internal process to ensure we remain compliant and innovative
- Works with educational directors to formulate and implement strategies and educational programs
- Develops relationships and manages key opinion leaders
- Assess health care provider needs and develop strategic recommendations
- Builds and maintains health care provider relationships as well as retains existing business with a focus on growth
- Establish company as a strategic partner to health care providers
- Lead the development of educational grant proposals
- Coach, mentor, develop, lead and manage directors, program management and medical writing teams
- Effectively manage program and activity budgets
- Ensures overall educational projects are on task and within budget
- Uphold any and all internal firewalls and remain compliant
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required. A MS is preferred. Knowledge of adult learning principles, PhRMA, OIG and ACCME guidelines and other industry regulations required
- Pharmaceutical or medical device experience required
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in CME, a CHCP certification preferred
- Demonstrates adequate medical and scientific knowledge to review grants in different therapeutic area(s)
- 5+ years management of teams and direct reports
- Must be self-motivated, professional, detail oriented, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure within tight deadlines
- Advanced PC experience with all MS Office Suite
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package.
- Re-location and interview expenses covered.