Sushi Chef -- Deck 84 (Delray Beach)
Rapoport's Restaurant Group
Delray Beach , FL 33483
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Busy Waterfront location looking to hire NOW - Immediate Opening(s)!!!!
Winner of the 2020 Sun Sentinel's Top Workplace for Medium-Sized Business in South Florida and Top Workplace USA in 2021.Rapoport's Restaurant Group, Inc. is now hiring qualified Sushi Chefs for Deck 84 in East Delray Beach, FL.At Deck 84 we are dedicated to providing high-quality cuisine for a good value, a warm and welcoming ambiance, and truly attentive service that is redefining dining in Palm Beach County. Join our growing team and see for yourself why Rapoport's Restaurant Group, Inc. has received over 80 awards including the Community Excellence Award and the Dream Big Small Business of the Year Award.Deck 84840 E Atlantic AvenueDelray Beach, FL
We are looking for a Sushi Chef to join our culinary team and prepare delicious plates for our guests. Sushi Chef responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock, and working with attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with Rolling Sushi and be available to work during our peak hours. Ultimately, you will help us establish our reputation as one of the best sushi places in the area and increase our clientele.Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- The physical ability to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, wipe and remain stationary for long periods of time. The abilty to stand the entire shift
- The physical ability to be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of food safety requirements for restaurants
- Excellent communication and time-management skills
- Must have a good attitude and be able to work as a team in a small restaurant setting.
- Must be reliable, and punctual with a strong work ethic. Has the ability to work under pressure while maintaining consistency in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player is very important
- Must have positive energy and the ability to multitask
- Prepare all types of raw sushi, per our sushi menu in an appropriate manner
- Add additional flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi, and soy sauce, when appropriate
- Manage the sushi prep activities and handles restocking of ingredients
- Monitor food stock and inventory
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift
- Work experience as a Sushi Chef
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques
- Ability to work both fast and accurately
- Team spirit
- Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings
- Flexibility to take on various shifts
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES. Only local candidates will be contacted; there is no relocation for this position. Immediate Openings.We Encourage a Diverse Workforce: Deck 84 believes that a diversified group of associates contributes to a culture of values, team spirit and company growth. We feel this helps us to adapt to and embrace the diverse cultures and beliefs of our customers and the communities in which we live, work and do business in. If you're looking for a company that respects your unique merits, professionalism, and skills, we'd like to talk to you.We thank all that apply, but only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted. RRG conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local employment discrimination laws.E-Verify/Drug Free Workplace