This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (Title 32), Position Description Number D1296000 and is part of the AL CSMS 2, National Guard.
EXCEPTED POSITION: Alabama Army National Guard membership required.
POSITION STATUS: MERIT
LOCATION: CSMS #2, CULLMAN, AL
SELECTING OFFICIAL: MAJ M. MILLER
AREA OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALABAMA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD POSITION:
AREA 1: All permanent Alabama Army National Guard civilian excepted technicians currently employed.
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (Title 32), WS-5801-14, you will perform the following duties:
(1) Planning: Provides direct input or participates in meetings and/or conferences with engineering, production control, and other personnel involving the initial analysis of long-range work requirements. Reviews immediate and long-range requirements of organizational segments and groups supervised based on workload forecasts, and develops, for approval by their superiors, plans for meeting long-range resource requirements.
(2) Work Direction: Assigns and explains work requirements and operating instructions to subordinate supervisors, sets deadlines, and establishes the sequence of work operations to be followed. Maintains balanced workloads by shifting assignments, workers, and other resources to achieve the most effective work operations.
(3) Administration: Develops and establishes internal procedures (e.g., meetings, content, and timing of reports) to be followed by subordinate supervisors to assure effective control and direction of work activities, organizations, and personnel supervised. Identifies long-range training needs for all levels of subordinate supervisors and workers and submits justification and funding requests to superiors and arranges for the accomplish of the training.
(4) Develops, publishes, and ensures employee compliance with standing operating procedures for the activity supervised. Implements and complies with agency, state, and Federal regulatory Occupational Safety and Health, and environmental requirements.
(5) May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies. May be required to serve as a member of the Command Maintenance Evaluation Team (COMET).
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
PLEASE CONTACT HRO FOR COMPLETE POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
National Guard Membership is required.
Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least 36 months experience in each of the following tasks:
In addition to the journeyman level knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function.
Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of shop processes. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
The supervisor provides general instructions, standard procedures, overall priorities and policies. Relied upon to control work operations and accomplish adequate quantity and quality of work. Work is reviewed for efficient and economical accomplishment within priorities and controls received.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT CONSIDERED FOR WAGE GRADE POSITIONS.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency .
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND/FAX/COURIER/EMAIL ANY APPLICATIONS OR RESUMES TO THE ALABAMA NATIONAL GUARD HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE. The Human Resources Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs. Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability To Do The Work Of The position Without More Than Normal Supervision
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1.Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
2.Other supporting documents: SF-50 and DD214s are recommended, but not required.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
This job originated on . For the full announcement and to apply, visit . Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at will be considered.
Army National Guard Units