Busek is seeking a highly dependable, self-driven Supply Chain Lead to support our Manufacturing team, Design Engineering team, Supply Chain and Operations team, and Technicians in a mixed R&D and production environment. The role is key to the overall companys success; properly planned and executed production is critical to meeting milestones and mission assurance to bring Busek innovation to manufactured products.
The Supply Chain Program Lead is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills coupled with Supply Chain experience. The person will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans in support of proposals and/or awarded programs. The person will serve as the liaison between the Program Manager, functional support organizations (i.e. engineering, finance, contracts) and the Supply Chain organization, and will enable communications across all these parties and will advise the SC and Program leadership on status of material strategies and plans throughout the capture, proposal and program lifecycle. The person will serve as single point of contact to SC and Program management, overseeing all SC activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensuring a strong link within and between the various Supply Chain functions required to execute a successful program.
ABOUT BUSEK CO. INC.
Busek researches, develops and produces technologies for challenging space missions for small spacecraft in low-earth orbit, large geostationary satellites, and CubeSats and probes going to the moon and beyond. Our talented staff have collective expertise spanning in-space propulsion, space-borne sensors, materials science, manufacturing, and high-fidelity electronic design. Buseks accomplishments (www.busek.com) include many firsts such as the first US Hall thruster in space and the first microPPT thrusters in space. Our present efforts span high-volume and low-volume production of high-reliable in-space propulsion components and systems as well as development of novel processes and technologies.
Major areas of responsibility
- Develop and execute procurement strategy to meet program schedule and cost targets
- Maintaining and reporting schedules of suppliers
- Support/lead material review boards relating to supplier quality
- Supplier auditing (remote and on-site)
- Manage DFM schedule and action items
- Support/lead supplier bring up, qualification, and sustaining activities
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions, basis of estimates, coordination of subcontractor SOWs / RFPs and facilitation of material pricing
- Must be able to effectively partner with engineering to develop accurate Bill of Materials (BOMs), control changes in the BOM during the proposal process and promptly flow any changes to material pricing and develop a strategy to get representative costs.
- Develop and execute material program plans together with the purchasing team and program managers.
- Develop and maintain risk & opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure scheduled delivery
- Conduct periodic source inspections
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively act to address program and functional issues.
- Partner with program managers, finance, and contracts to develop and maintain material forecast, and provide material status input to the program as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Audit suppliers as needed.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Successful applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful U.S. permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineer or Manufacturing Engineering or Business Administration and 5 plus years of relevant industry experience after degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project
- Experienced in interpreting engineering prints
- Experienced with ECR, ECO, MCO, NC, and MRB processes
- Medium or high-volume production manufacturing experience
- New Product Introduction experience
- Design for Manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable PLM, PDM, ERP systems
- Familiar with manufacturing process control - Cpk, Ppk
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Able to travel up to 60% of your time. (70% local suppliers)
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Familiar with machined parts
- Familiar with various types of metals and ceramics
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Advanced experience of the Basic Qualifications
- Supply chain management experience
- Inventory management experience
- Experience in developing control plans
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and best practices
- Experience with Government-funded R&D and production environments
- Experience taking products from design to low-rate initial production
- Aerospace or medical device manufacturing experience
- CAD experience
- 80% Employer-paid coverage of health care insurance; HMO and HSA options
- Optional dental insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Optional disability insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Bonus plan
- Flexible paid time off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.
Employment is contingent on factors such as reference checks, background checks, and drug screens.
Busek offers competitive salaries, health care, retirement plan, and paid time off. Its a great place to work.