Supplier Quality Engineer
Vandalia , OH 45377
Posted 3 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce we are now recruiting for Supplier Quality Engineer for our Vandalia, OH manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier quality problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner without reoccurrence.
- Responsible for monitoring key supplier measurable and work with those suppliers that require improvement.
- Responsible for supplier quality activities and documentation as follows: PPAPs, Run at Rate, QPA audits, SPR (supplier score card), CQI Audits, Technical Review audits, Supplier Quality System Surveillance Audits, New Business on Hold (NBOH) and Site Metrics information.
- Responsible for evaluating new suppliers and develop existing suppliers in support of Purchasing activities.
- Responsible for ensuring supplier changes and deviations are managed within established process.
- Responsible for providing responses and/or evidence to auditors (1st or 3rd party) during internal audits or external audits.
- Responsible for Supplier Quality activities and documentation as PPAP, Run at Rate (R@R), VDA 6.3
- Responsible for leading NBOH (New Business on Hold) and Supplier phase out activities
- Responsible for evaluating new suppliers and aid to develop existing suppliers.
- Ensure timely and effective correction of supplier quality and/or supplier delivery problems, to include:
- Ensures containment from quality events associated with external supplier material
- Confirmation of supplier quality issues via dimensional/lab analysis.
- Audits, Supplier Performance Rating (SPR) monitoring, CQI audits, ESI/Design/Technical reviews, Supplier Quality surveillance audits, Site metric information, etc
- Issuing supplier corrective action reports.
- Evaluate supplier corrective action reports.
- Document lessons learned.
- Lead MRB activity on Supplier responsible items.
- Supplier costs charge backs communication/escalation.
- Proper documentation of change
- Aid on Change Management system.
- Management of PPAP and breakpoint dates.
- Monitoring of supplier run at rate activity
- Document and monitor key supplier measureables using monthly metrics tracking sheet:
- Monitor and maintain the Supplier Quality Issues log.
- Change Management meetings
- Coordinates return of non-conforming material
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 3+experience Quality experience in an automotive industry
- BS in Engineering Electrical or Mechanical
- Expert in problem solving techniques (FTA, 8D, 5-whys, Fishbone diagram, statistical techniques) & clear understanding of variation, preventive actions and zero defects philosophies.
- Expert on AIAG Core Tools (PPAP, APQP, SPC, MSA and PFMEA) and knowledge on CQI requirements
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and ability to read technical drawings
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and/or IATF16949:2016 requirements. Expert on identifying risks and perform analysis on these
- Certified ISO/TS or IATF 16949 auditor and ability to manage an on-site supplier audit
- Effective communication skills (written and oral). Ability to lead a team at a supplier location
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time to supplier sites (when needed)
- High level knowledge on Microsoft Office and ERP systems
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.