Supplier Procurement - Manager
Dodge Center , MN 55927
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
We are looking for diverse men and women to manage the procurement of goods and services from suppliers in a major area of a particular business unit, including $30 million in materials and services annually. .This unit is specifically focused on the manufacturing of concrete mixers and refuse body trucks.
Spearhead coordination with suppliers including procurement actions, engineering, manufacturing and other functional groups.
Assist in intra-departmental coordination to achieve business goals, and departmental goals. As a Supplier Manager your 100% focus is in supporting new product development and managing projects to add value to the business.
This important role includes:
- Selection of strategic suppliers who have the ability to meet all delivery, quality, new product development, and competitiveness requirements under the guidance of the Commodity Manager.
- Establish regular programs for pricing review through negotiations and contracts.
- Primary lead in supplier cost negotiations, cost reduction, and cost containment.
- Select suppliers that have the ability to provide long term support at the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Project management.
- Supplier warranty negotiation up front before product goes into production.
- Provide feedback in engineering design reviews.
- Bid and proposal support.
- Support the Change Notice process for Supply Chain.
- Responsible for supply base rationalization efforts within the business unit.
- Support the development and coordination of supply agreements.
- Manage the flow of goods by providing the necessary guidance to Buyers.
- Understand and maintain compliance to government regulations and public laws.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to Global Commodity Managers,
- Purchasing Management, Buyers and other senior staff concerning supply risk and industry trends.
- Establish and maintain positive interdepartmental and supplier working relationships.
- Provide leadership and maintain a high level of performance in carrying out the goals of the department and corporation.
- Administer and complete special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Production Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 4 plus years of experience
Benefits will be commensurate with the Manager position within our company.
Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.