The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment.
The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Provides leadership to the manufacturing team, and facilitates the production process to ensure the achievement of manufacturing, quality, housekeeping and safety objectives. Develops high performance work team with ongoing coaching and direction, both formal and informal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Leads Team Members in the performance of manufacturing processes.
2.As the key resource for the manufacturing team, the Manufacturing Facilitator provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
3.Leadership responsibilities include:
4.Ensure that all Team Members' actions and manufacturing processes meet specified safety and housekeeping requirements.
5.Responsible for ensuring the maximum production within the parameters of the highest quality practices.
6.Assigns specific tasks, as required, to ensure the most cost effective and productive use of the Team Members.
7.Ensures that tools and materials essential for the performance of the work are readily available.
8.Responsible for all Team Members' performance by providing training, guidance, and timely feedback through day-to-day feedback and periodic performance appraisals.
9.Establishes and facilitates small group team initiatives for continuous improvement.
10. Maintains comprehensive records to document the performance of his/her area of responsibility.
11. The Manufacturing Facilitator is responsible for evaluating existing and new products to determine the optimum processes, standards, equipment, tools, flow and facilities required to manufacture products. In doing so, the responsibilities include:
12. Conducts root-cause analyses of manufacturing process to identify, define and resolve manufacturing problems and opportunities. Enlists the requisite support (I.E., M.E., etc.) to ensure the timely resolution of problems and the prompt implementation of improvements.
13. Continually monitors existing operations and implements possible improvements or cost reductions. Prepares related analysis, layouts and other supportive data. Prepares comparative cost estimates using alternative production methods.
14. Audits standards and ensures changes for improvements in data base accuracy.
15. Responsible for ensuring that all processes and products meet all quality standards. In doing so, the Manufacturing Facilitator is responsible for the following:
16. Assures Team Member awareness and compliance to manufacturing process instructions (MPS's, WPS's, Router Documentation & Work Instructions), ISO Standards and JLG Quality System Procedures, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS Requirements.
17. Identifies problems or opportunities, which affect quality. Communicates the information to the affected functions and develops and implements corrective action.
18. Responsible for the changes needed in machines, processes, materials and assembly.
19. Implements inspection procedures to improve end products, reduce costs and enhance quality.
20. Investigates product defects and makes modifications in products or quality standards where such appear to be warranted.
21. Provides technical assistance to the Materials Management group in connection with the purchase of raw materials, supplies and equipment, and in qualifying new sources of material.
22. Provides input for strategic planning regarding manufacturing initiatives.
23. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or related field
Team Coordinator Assessment
Lean/Six Sigma or Project Management certifications
Experience with Lotus Notes E-mail & JDE is recommended and will be required within three months in this position
Must complete Team and Continuous Improvement Training
Ability to plan and organize projects
Must possess good communication and problem solving skills
Ability to provide hands-on technical support in a production environment
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS: On-the-job training
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S.
Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S.
Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.