Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Timothy Jon & Associates
Appleton , WI 54911
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our client is seeking a Superintendent with at least 5 years of commercial construction experience. This individual will be joining a respected member of the construction community with a culture that fosters individual creativity within a team environment.
- Work with the Project Manager assigned to the project as required
- Work with the Project Manager to obtain all necessary permits and licenses
- Coordinate and schedule tasks and subcontractors on the jobsite
- Direct and supervise trade workers
- Ensure a safe working environment on the jobsite and in the office through participation in safety training and onsite Toolbox Talks
- Manage the quality of materials and workmanship
- Review shop drawings and submittals to ensure proper coordination of the work
- Make sure all products are installed per the manufacturers recommendations
- Update and maintain the construction schedule with the Project Manager
- Prepare 3 week look ahead schedules
- Implement company policies, industry standards, applicable building codes, OSHA safety guidelines, and applicable manufacturer's recommendations to execute the construction in accordance with the design documents
- Facilitates weekly subcontractor meetings to ensure proper planning, scheduling, quality control, and safety
- Works directly with management and design professionals to resolve construction related issues on site
- Maintains daily logs on the computer and complete typical site documentation
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Achieve or exceed planned productivity
- Assist with construction jobsite /office administrative duties o Maintain project record set of drawings
- Prepare Agendas and run Subcontractor Pre-Installation Meetings. Accurately document meeting discussions and distribute in Meeting Minutes
- Familiarize yourself with Owners Contract regarding provisions in respect to retainage, reimbursable provisions, savings clauses, etc. o Plan, manage, coordinate, and supervise the construction process ensuring final acceptance in a timely fashion and within budget
- Effectively pre-punch projects prior to architects punch list and complete all work in a timely manner
- Assume leadership for Punch List and Project Close-Out
Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, attention to details, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking and follow-up skills.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects.
- Strong ability to read, analyze and interpret plans and specifications.
- Good judgment, logic, and ability to learn new things quickly.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Transportation Requirements A valid driver's license and acceptable driving history is required.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification.
- Prefer LEED AP or equivalent.
- Prefer First Aid/CPR/AED Certification. Prefer SWPPP Certification.
- An outstanding work ethic and a can-do attitude