Summer School Instructor
Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
Milton , PA 17847
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
JOB ASSIGNMENT: Part Time; Summer Session
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Summer School Instructor reports directly to the Curriculum Director and in his/her absence to the Chief Academic Officer.
JOB DEFINITION: The primary role of the Summer School Instructor is to provide credit recovery support for students in one of four (4) content areas: English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science/Biology or Social Studies and also Health/Physical Education. Responsibilities include course design, planning, implementing, teaching and evaluating students in a virtual learning setting which includes both a virtual and face-to-face support system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in two (2) days of professional development in online learning, curriculum development and the online learning platform and student supports as scheduled prior to the start of the summer school term.
- Be available to support students with face-to-face office hours and providing student support within the CSIU Virtual Learning Lab with additional online office hours required for weekly grading and/or student supports for the content-areas of: English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science.
- Be available to support students with face-to-face office hours and providing student support in the CSIU Virtual Learning Lab with additional online office hours required for weekly grading and/or student supports for the Health/Physical Education content area.
- Monitor and support students as they proceed through the course, providing guidance during virtual lab hours, either via face-to-face sessions or virtually.
- Communicate with stakeholders weekly regarding grades and student progress.
- As the teacher-of-record, provide final grades a within content-specific courses.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum requirement is a bachelor’s degree in the area of education.
- A valid Pennsylvania teacher certification in the subject area(s) in which the Summer School Instructor is assigned.
- Prior experience teaching in a virtual environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams/disciplines.
- Able to sustain effort and enthusiasm in the quality of work.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships.
- Effective time management, organizational skills and prioritization of work to meet the needs of the users.
- Able to follow directions and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Have excellent human relations and interpersonal skills.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current, approved Act 34 (PA State Police), Act 151 (PA Child Abuse Registry) and Act 114-FBI Fingerprint clearances are required and must be renewed at appropriate, specific intervals pursuant to Act 153 of 2014 (revised Act 15 of 2015).
- Current, approved Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training certificate showing completion of a minimum of three (3) hours training every five (5) years.
- Required to lift, carry, and operate presentation equipment and supplies up to 25 pounds, including a computer and keyboard.
- Ability to use a telephone and keyboard unassisted.
TIME AND SITE REQUIREMENT:
- This is a part time position. The work schedule includes working four (4) days per week. The exact requirements are as follows:*
- June 11 and 12, 2019: Participate in two (2) days of professional development in online learning, curriculum development and the online learning platform and student supports.
- June 17, 2019 - July 26, 2019 (excluding July 4, 2019):* * *
* * *
- English Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science content areas: Be available to support students with face-to-face office hours and providing student support within the CSIU Virtual Learning Lab for one (1) hour per day face-to-face from Monday through Thursday. In addition, one (1) additional online office hour required weekly for grading and/or student supports.* * *
- Physical Education and Health content areas: Be available to support students with face-to-face office hours and student support in the CSIU Virtual Learning Lab for one (1) hour per week face-to-face with two (2) additional online office hours required weekly for grading and / or student supports.
- Attendance at work is a requirement of this position; any and all absences must be approved by the immediate supervisor.
CSIU PROPERTY AND CONFIDENTIALITY REQUIREMENTS:
- All property, including intellectual property, materials, equipment or actual products and services developed or accrued as part of the job duties and responsibilities listed above, is the property of the CSIU. It may not be used for personal profit or gain and will be relinquished to the CSIU upon termination of contracted services from the CSIU.
- The person employed in this position shall maintain confidentiality with regard to the personal and private information about clients and coworkers, programs and services and any other proprietary information accrued as a result of CSIU employment or as required by state or federal laws and regulations.
- The person contracted in this position must adhere to all requirements identified in the code of professionals entitled “Ambassadors Are Professionals, Too”.
The position holder must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform their supervisor and the director of Human Resources of the need for any accommodations that will be required.