Summer Camp Counselor - Camp Activity Director - Special Needs Counselor
Hilton Head Island Recreation Association Inc.
Hilton Head Island , SC 29926
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Island Rec is hiring for multiple summer camp positions! We have availability for a Camp Counselor, Special Needs Counselor, and for Activity Directors! Please read the description below and fill out our application form. We are excited to hear from you!
Follow the link HERE and click 'apply to work' to fill out an application.
Summer Activity Director for Drama is responsible for planning and implementing drama activities for children ages 5-13 throughout the summer. Must be available to work May 31- August 12, 2016
Summer Camp Counselor
Childcare Counselors assist with the supervision and implementation of recreation youth programming including the After School Recreation Club and Summer Camp. Childcare Counselors take a lead role in the program, under the direction of the Youth Director and Co-Directors.
Camp Courageous Counselor
Inclusion is a key component here at the Island Rec Center. Do you have experience working with children with special needs? Here is your chance! We are looking for quality people who can help us provide a safe, fun, active & nurturing environment for kids. The Island Recreation Center is seeking energetic and outgoing people to work with Camp Courageous & Camp Courageous Jr. Candidates must enjoy working with children with special needs ages 5-13 or 14-21. Candidates should be able to work in multiple settings; playground, gym and classrooms. Flexibility and ability to adjust to varying situations is needed with creativeness, patience, understanding, co-operation, and common sense. Experience with special needs is desired but not required.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the campers
- CC Jr candidates should be positive and patient one-on-one counselor.
- Provide the campers with a positive environment
- Have the ability to motivate, lead, guide, and teach children in the camp setting
- Help modify scheduled activities to the children with specials needs abilities.
- Take part in creating camp programs including arts and crafts, games, sports, environmental activities, and special events.
- Maintain the highest standards of health and safety by keeping the campers in mind at all times
- Keep record of attendance of all the campers at all times
- Attend all required staff meetings and functions
- Participate and assist in pool programs
- Represent the Island Recreation Center as a role model of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility
- Always be customer service oriented and adhere to all Island Recreation Center standards. Including wearing uniform whenever participating or leading Island Recreation Center activities
Camp Counselor Responsibilities
- All behaviors comply with the Employee Manual and Preschool & Youth Programs Handbook.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the program participants through the ability to motivate, lead, guide and teach children in an after school or camp setting.
- Provide program participants with a positive environment by conducting daily recreational activities such as sports, games, dance, exercise, media, arts & crafts and other activities.
- Implement positive discipline techniques and group management
- Maintain the highest standards of health and safety by keep the program participants best interest in mind at all times.
- Observe safety precautions; correct minor safety problems; conduct activities in a safe manner maintain discipline at indoor and outdoor recreation areas including; pool, playground, gym, classrooms, field, etc.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, program participants and parents.
- Be flexible and a team player, working in collaboration with your team.
- Always be customer service oriented and adhere to all Island Recreation Center standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility.
- Wear assigned uniform including staff shirt and name badge with whistle.
- Attend all required staff meetings and functions.
- Represent the Island Recreation Center as a role model of honest, caring, respect and responsibility.
- Must have adequate hearing to respond to members and interact with the public.
- Ability to stand for up to 5 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to run up to 100 yards in case of an emergency.
- Currently have excellent health and be free of communicable diseases
*Salary based upon experience $7.75-$11.00/hour