Substitute Before And After School Educator
Right At School
Ledyard , CT
Posted 3 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Love kids? Interested in a part time position working for a mission driven company? Join us in supporting the Ledyard Public School District!
We are looking for a substitute teacher needed for various before school and after school shifts. Flexible, will work with your schedule!
Just named to Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Companies for the third year, Right At School is passionate about providing a wide range of affordable enrichment and child-care programs before, during and after school to as many students, parents and schools as possible.
If you're committed to inspiring a love of learning through Innovation-Driven, Locally-Inspired, and Efficiency-Obsessed education, join our team!
Youll drive the mission by:
- Organize program materials for lessons and activities, as well as document attendance, incidents and other observation
- Deliver dynamic Right At School curriculum to engage children in academic and social character building that expands school day learning in a meaningful way
- Model positive guidance and effective classroom management to maintain the safety, well-being and attention of all children while supporting homework completion, leading fun fitness activities, and guiding children at play
- Excellent communication skills with varied audience including children, parents, staff and school personnel
- Model positive guidance and effective classroom management to maintain the safety and well-being and attention of all children
- Meets regularly with the Program Manager regarding professional progress and team accountability
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building skills
- Works well in a team environment
- At least 1 year of experience working with children under 13 years of age
- College credits in early childhood education, child development, elementary education or a related field preferred
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Drive to inspire a love for learning and commitment to healthy living
- Ability to meet state-specific requirements; CPR, Mandated Reporter training, TB test, etc.
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community and positively impact families
- Ongoing professional development with pay raise incentives
- Provide meaningful fun and employ disguised learning
- Flexible working hours aligned to school schedules
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including: free before and after school childcare (within their district), commuter benefits, supplemental insurance (short-term disability, life insurance, etc.)
One of our core values is being locally-inspired. We will follow the guidance of our State and school district level partners in regard to any COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing requirements they may put in place. In some areas this may mean that employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in schools (except where medical or religious exemptions may apply). Employees are also required to wear masks at all times during work hours, regardless of vaccination status.
Here at Right At School, our commitment to equal opportunity runs deep. We really mean that. In order to achieve our goals, we need to work hard to create a diverse workforce so we can reach as many students, parents, and schools as possible. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone and we encourage each individual to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are.