Structure Representative/Resident Engineer
MNS Engineers, Inc.
Santa Barbara , CA 93101
Posted 1 week ago
Join this exciting team of Construction Management professionals in the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area! Enjoy these features of our company and your team:
- Stability- MNS is stable with a high retention rate
- Passion- Noted by survey evidence from clients, peers and business partners
- Expertise- MNS embodies a culture of continuous learning and mentoring
MNS Engineers, Inc. provides comprehensive infrastructure services, including engineering, surveying, and construction management to the Transportation, Water and Government Services markets in California. We are seeking an experienced Structure Representative/Resident Engineer to oversee the construction of transportation/highway projects in the Santa Barbara Area!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Structure Representative serves as the owner's representative on bridge and roadway construction projects, assuring that projects are being built according to the plans and contract documents.
- Provides independent analysis of technical submittals, including but not limited to, shoring and falsework.
- Reviews change orders, submittals, shop drawings and materials testing, surveying, RFI’s, engineering drawings (such as shoring, falsework, post-tension, bridge removal), and prepares professional communications regarding same.
- Performs a wide variety of structural construction engineering, including but not limited to bridges, retaining walls, soundwalls, pump stations, and buildings.
- Works in conjunction with technical field inspectors and project team members to assure project goals are being met.
- Executes field inspection, structures related contract administration, change order preparation.
- Administers projects in the absence of Resident Engineer or Construction Manager.
- Manages professional and technical staff and contract administration.
- Monitors and reviews contractors’ construction schedules.
- Prepares and files daily construction reports, diaries, & other project documents.
- Verifies acceptability of material incorporated into the project and maintains material and inspection records.
- Assists with recruitment and performance evaluations.
- Primary point of contact with clients and approving agencies.
- Participates in contract claims and general claim avoidance.
- Coordinates with contractors and agencies about different tasks and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Civil Engineering.
- California registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) required.
- 7+ years construction contract management experience related to roadway and/or bridge construction projects.
- Working knowledge of CALTRANS and CA transportation or transit agency projects.
- Ability to effectively management teams and communicate with clients.
- Valid California Class C driver's license and an acceptable driver’s record are required.
MNS offers a strong benefits and compensation package. Inquiries are welcome! Contact our HR Department at email@example.com with questions.
The expected compensation range for this position is $150,000.00 - $190,000.00 annually depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location.