Salt Lake City , UT 84081
Posted 5 days ago
We are looking for a structural engineer to oversee our construction projects. You’ll ensure that structures are safe and strong. As a structural engineer, you’ll spend time both in our office – designing and planning project details – and on-site where you’ll provide technical advice to construction workers.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience using several construction methods and materials and advanced knowledge of AutoCAD. Project management and analytical skills are also very important.
- Design structures, such as buildings or bridges
- Development and drafting of plans and details using CAD software for project design documents
- Generate complete, accurate, and concise documentation using electronic systems, drawings, and 2D/3D illustrations
- Direct or participate in planning, designing, or reviewing plans, working closely with mechanical, process, electrical, architectural, and civil disciplines to deliver successful projects
- Follow construction safety guidelines
- Choose appropriate materials based on structural specifications
- Monitor on-site construction processes and supervise construction workers
- Prepare and allocate budgets
- Track and report on project progress
- Collaborate with contractors and project managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant post-education experience
- Working knowledge of engineering analysis, design, and practices
- Familiarity with relevant structural and civil construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements
- Familiarity with discipline-specific design software (i.e., MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, LARSA, STAAD)
- Data-driven mindset with excellent mathematical skills
- Good communication ability (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Member of the Institute of Structural Engineering
RPO is a Specialist Recruitment Agency that focuses on providing candidates and clients with unique recruitment solutions specifically tailored to their needs.
We focus on helping you reach your personal and professional goals by connecting you to your perfect career path.
To apply for this role please visit the RPO recruitment website: rporecruitment.us or connect with one of our consultants: Meghan Groves or Dawn McIntyre on LinkedIn regarding this vacancy. Alternatively email us at the email address below: email@example.com