Vancouver , BC
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
To meet the needs of our future on Earth, the way we build the structures where we live, work, and play must change. We must build sustainably buildings produce 39% of CO2 emissions. We must build durably natural disasters have doubled since the 90s. We must build quickly urbanization requires us to build the equivalent of Paris every week.
Nexii has developed an innovative whole building solution that enables the rapid assembly of high-quality buildings. The whole building solution is made possible by the proprietary material, Nexiite, and the Nexii design and assembly process, which together enable the assembly of sustainable, cost-efficient, and durable buildings.
Our mission is to build a vibrant future for people and the planet. We have big dreams, so we place an emphasis on selecting, empowering, and collaborating with like-minded individuals who want to help bring our dreams into reality. Are you ready to join Team Nexii?Who you are
Were looking for mavericksindividuals who lean in with curiosity, creativity, courage, and determination. People we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set amazing candidates apart from the rest:
What you will need:
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and are capable of creating order and structure where none exist
- Youre self-directed and can execute responsibly without being told what to do
- Youre a visionary, and have an eye for the details, too. In other words, youve got your head in the clouds and feet in the mud
- Youre an impeccable communicator, able to create transparency so everyone knows how youre working toward our big picture goals with the support of your teammates.
- As the successful candidate you will work in a team environment to prepare structural engineering design and related documents for our building solutions.
- As part of a team, you will work with other engineers both internally and with our clients consultants.
- Project engineers will handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis, and able to take full charge of design work, including detailed design, monitoring of drafting, and on site construction as required; preparation and allocation of time, and tracking and reporting on project progress.
- Design will include, conceptual design, collaboration with clients, creating structural models, drawing generation and review, as well as coordination with other professionals, and manufacturing plants for production.
- Design includes application of conventional design methods and integration of new technology.
- Work at home or office, with occasional travel to manufacturing plants, job sites, or meetings when required.
* Applicant must come from consulting industry. Please do not apply if your background comes from anelectrical engineer, mining engineer or geotechnical industry. Applicant must live in Canada.Final Thoughts:
- 5+ years experience in the structural design industry
- Excellent knowledge of Canadian and US Building Codes, Concrete and Steel Material codes and industry construction methods and regulations
- Experience with building design, seismic design, design of details for structural systems , and specific building components
- Strong experience withconcept design through completed design(permits, contracts,tendering, shop drawing review, construction review)
- Competence with Autodesk products, SAP, and other design and modeling software of structural systems
- Experience running project design and coordination with consulting professionals, with the ability to direct design and project development processes.
- Driven mindset, self disciplined, with excellent mathematical skills, and attention to detail
- Good communication ability (both written and verbal)
- University qualification in engineering, and an active member of EGBC, with P.Eng designation
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey