JLM Talent Partners
Providence , RI 02905
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Our Client--Structures Engineering and Design, llc--is a full service professional engineering firm specializing in structural engineering. The ultimate goal is to provide the best service and product for our clients. This may include the most cost efficient structural system or it may include a structure that allows expressive architectural elements. Serviceability, constructability, budgets, aesthetics, and performance are all important considerations in developing the structural solutions.
Structures Engineering and Design, LLC is licensed in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York.
Offices located in Providence, RI and Harrisville, RI
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structural design of a variety of building types including commercial, educational, historic, residential, adaptive reuse and institutional.
- Design proficiency in a variety of building materials such as wood, concrete, steel, and masonry
- Analysis and design of building systems to resist gravity, wind, and seismic loads. Design and detailing of lateral force resisting systems including wood shear walls, steel moment frames, steel braced frames, and masonry shear walls
- Management of projects at all stages including design development, construction documents, and construction administration
- Production of structural drawing packages including foundation plans, framing plans, details, building sections, schedules, and specifications
- Construction administration services including submittal review, site visit observations/inspections, and coordination with architect/owner/client
- Proficiency in writing site visit reports, feasibility studies, and other forms of communication to client
- Coordination with design team including architect and other consultants in the form of meetings, site visits, phone, and emails
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited school (structural, civil, or similar)
- 3+ years experience working in the building design industry under the supervision of a licensed structural engineer or as a supervising engineer.
- EIT/FE certification minimum, PE preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to maintain deadlines and project commitments
- Familiarity in building codes and design standards such as IBC, IRC, IEBC, ASCE, ACI, AISC, among others
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Paid PTO/Vacation