Palo Alto , CA 94306
Posted 1 week ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
A multi-disciplinary architectural engineering firm is currently seeking an Structural Engineer for our Palo Alto, CA office to support our work in forensic construction defect litigation support solutions on the West Coast.
- Work on a wide range of structural-engineering analysis and design projects involving mainly timber, as well as concrete, and masonry structures.
- Plan and conduct site investigations to document existing conditions.
- Execute the construction-administration phase of projects.
- Serve as a project manager on smaller projects that may include:
- Seismic analyses and evaluations
- Design of structural elements as part of large infrastructure projects
- Design of residential, commercial and institutional buildings
- Investigation of structural failures and adverse performance
- Design of rehabilitation and retrofit measures for problem structures
- Responsible for direct client contact within context of existing work.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must have a BS or MS (preferred) .
- Knowledge of Timber building and assemblies
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (e.g., ETABS, SAP, RISA, RAM, SAFE, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
Ideal candidates should have a technical (Bachelors or higher) degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a closely related discipline; a Professional Engineer (PE, SE) or Registered Architect (RA) license is also preferred.