Strategy, Finance & Operations Senior Analyst
North Billerica , MA 01862
Posted 3 weeks ago
Full Time, Exempt
We are looking for a highly capable person to help Alerts Finance and Operations team make better decisions through analysis, forecasting, and a general understanding of complex problems. This persons responsibilities do not stop at analysis; they will be active participants on cross-functional teams to help the team make informed decisions, manage ongoing activities, and achieve their goals.
The analyst will work directly with the Companys Director of FP&A as well as with other members of the Product Teams and Operations Teams.
Who you are:
- You are naturally curious with an innate desire to learn and understand
- You have boundless energy, analytical skill, and attention to detail
- You take great pride in the achievements of a team and do whatever you can to help the team succeed
- You strive to bring simplicity and understanding to complex problems
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and doing hard work to solve problems
- You are equally comfortable having smart people ask smart questions and challenge your conclusions and recommendations
- You ask detailed and specific questions, understand nuance, and challenge conventional wisdom
- You are collaborative, believe in the idea that teams are stronger than an individual, and know how to be a good teammate
- You are humble and thoughtful, and have a sense of humor
- Youre really good communicating your analysis to a variety of audiences
- You have social and personal skills that make others want you on their team
- You exude dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want to go to bat for you and support you through thick and thin
- Perform financial analysis and forecasting, at team and project
- Support Cost Reduction efforts across products and the supply chain
- Design, implement, and measure KPIs across teams and the organization
- Conduct operations analysis and planning
- Work with teams to map strategic plans to team goals and milestones to ultimately create project plans and budgets. Compare progress against plans and budgets to recommend changes in tactics
- You know Excel inside and out from financial analysis to databases. People who use the mouse make you uncomfortable.
- Knowledge of Access, VBA, Python a plus
- You have a strong preference for a 12C or 17BII, and disdain the other
- You have experience in project accounting and cost analysis.
- As important, you know how to convey analysis and present to a group using Word and PowerPoint
Bonus: you understand retail and/or manufacturing operations and accounting
- TEAMING & PERSONAL
- Constructively supports or leads project teams as circumstances require or as requested by Team Leads
- Works successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills and able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possesses strong business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
- Seeks and incorporates feedback to ensure personal growth and continuous improvement
Education/relative years of experience
- BS degree in STEM fields, accounting, or business
- 2+ years experience at project accounting or operations role
- All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative to other team members performing similar roles in our organization.
Every employee is granted stock options which vest over four years. We have 31 issued or pending patents on our groundbreaking technology. A leading retail equity analyst at Jefferies recently published that we view Alert Innovations fulfillment technology as the most diverse and comprehensive. In addition, its developing the Novastore concept could be a winning long-term format.
We offer full time employees a generous benefits package starting with your date of hire.
PAID TIME OFF
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO and PPO options.
- Health Reimbursement plan where Alert Innovation reimburses you for deductible related expenses ($1,000 for individuals, $2,500 for families).
- Dental insurance thru Delta Dental of MA.
- Vision Plan thru VSP.
- Flexible Spending Account to enable you to pay health care and dependent care costs on a pre-tax basis.
- Group Term Life Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at no cost to you, equal to three times your annual salary.
- Short Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 70% of your weekly salary for up to 13 weeks.
- Long Term Disability Income Protection at no cost to you, equal to 66.67% of your monthly earnings.
- 401k Plan administered by Fidelity to enable you to save using pre-tax dollars.
- 100% of cost of training for your current or near-term work needs including conferences and technical events.
- 50% reimbursement of tuition for programs aligned with career development goals including MBA and masters from top schools (online via Coursera).
- 50% reimbursement of Nano Degrees (online via Udacity).
- Earn a Bachelors or Associates college degree from a fully accredited undergraduate program for only $5,000/year through our College For America benefit with Southern New Hampshire University.
- Daily catered lunch at no cost to you.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.