Strategic Sourcing Project Manager, Marketing Category
Source One Management Services, LLC
Philadelphia , PA 19019
Posted 5 days ago
Please note: This position is not a marketing/communications position. Rather, it is a procurement and strategic sourcing consulting position for Marketing and Advertising Spend Categories.Source One
is seeking qualified individuals to fill a full time position as a Strategic Sourcing Project Manager, Marketing Categorywithin our consulting firm based in Willow Grove, PA and Chicago, IL. The position would act as part of our marketing consulting practice, in which we partner with our clients marketing departments to optimize their spending by conducting agency evaluations/audits, increasing spend visibility, unbundling tactical services, and evaluating pricing and service levels against the marketplace. We increase supplier collaboration and ensure the right tier of value from supplier partners, in terms of service level and cost. The candidates for this position must have managerial experience and strategic sourcing expertise specifically related to marketing spend categories (agency services, media buying and planning, digital production, print materials, market research, events, etc.).
The candidate for this position must also enjoy working in a fast-paced environment along with other bright and motivated individuals.What will I do?
As a Sourcing Manager, you will be expected to provide consultative services primarily related to sourcing and managing marketing agency relationships for our clients. Major responsibilities will include managing marketing-focused projects from start to finish as well as managing a team of analysts throughout each project. You will be responsible for working with analysts to develop sourcing strategies and ensuring those strategies are executed in order to drive results for our clients in the forms of budget optimization opportunities and hard-dollar savings. Overall key responsibilities will include:
Who should apply?Education/Experience
- Acting as a manager, utilizing a team of analysts to assist with day to day work activities such as conducting research, developing Scope of Work (SOW) and Request For Proposal (RFP) documents, reviewing contracts, performing data analysis, and drafting reports for our customers.
- Conducting client and supplier interviews (electronically, over the phone, or face to face) and documenting quantitative and qualitative customer requirements.
- Developing RFPs and executing a strategic sourcing strategy (go to bid, analyze responses, negotiate, etc.).
- Analyzing clients needs and preferences and validating that clients needs match the service offering provided in supplier responses.
- This includes evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, and distinguishing user requests from underlying true needs.
- Identifying areas for cost reduction or value improvement within the supply chain by creating financial analysis in Excel and scorecarding suppliers.
- Assisting in the reading, negotiation and modification of large enterprise contracts.
- Conducting research activities to produce detailed reports related to competitive markets, sourcing strategies, cost savings opportunities and benchmarking.
- Monitoring industry trends and trade publications.
- Assisting in the development and execution of marketing strategies to potential new sales channels and customers.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree required. Finance, Business, and/or Marketing discipline preferred.
- Strong understanding and background in Marketing with experience supporting brand teams during various stages of the marketing process, including needs assessment, product launch, agency support and media acquisition.
- Experience in consulting, supply chain and/or strategic sourcing is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Strong MS Office expertise, including demonstrated knowledge of formula writing in Excel.
- Solid working experience with suppliers, including evaluation of pricing, quality, and delivery.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- The ability to read and understand contracts and pricing proposals.
- Market Intelligence -- gather and use market intelligence to drive negotiations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills -- must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Self-starter, with demonstrated ability to translate direction, feedback, and strategy into actionable results.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
The candidate must be able to dedicate 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday thru Friday and provide their own transportation to our office in Willow Grove or Chicago.
The interview process includes a skills assessment, including creating formulas and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel. Company Insights
Since 1992, Source One has been and is a premier procurement services provider and strategic sourcing consulting firm. Our team of spend management and category experts support best-in-class organizations by ensuring their procurement and sourcing capabilities are optimized and that they are getting the most value at the best possible price from their suppliers. Simply put, we help our customers save money by renegotiating existing contracts, streamlining and optimizing processes, and acting as decision support for their procurement and sourcing needs operating under three main verticals: IT & Telecom, Marketing, and Supply Chain.
As a group of out-of-the-box thinkers and motivated individuals, we are always eager to have new members to the team to gain fresh ideas and insights for continuous process improvement and growth.
We take pride in recruiting, developing and retaining highly talented individuals. In addition to the competitive salaries offered to our full-time employees, we provide an attractive vacation policy and benefits which include access to a 401K plan and disability, life, and medical insurance. Please visit us on the web at www.sourceoneinc.com
.Interested in a career at Source One? Heres how to apply:
Please apply on our web portal: http://jobs.sourceoneinc.com/
We ask that you make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact anyone at the company directly.