Strategic Business Development, Enterprise
Visenze - Artificial Intelligence For The Visual Web
New York , NY 10001
Posted 4 months ago
ViSenze is one of the fastest growing A.I. start-ups and a leader in the development and adoption of image recognition technology. To help us build upon our success, we are seeking an experienced and dynamic Strategic Business Development Manager (Enterprise).
You will help us to develop and hone our Go-To-Market strategy, for both our existing customers and focus segments, whilst identifying opportunities for our Computer Vision solutions to support new use-cases and deliver real customer value in new segments.
Your combination of Technical, Business and Strategic Consulting experience will underpin your success in this role. Your ability to build executive relationships and coordinate inputs from multiple stakeholders to achieve a strategic outcome sets you apart. Innovation is in your blood and whilst you dont like to stand still, you always seek to see initiatives through to the end.
This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and will work in close conjunction with our global enterprise team, product management, engineering, marketing and other stakeholders across the organization as well as strategic external partners.
- Create trusted relationships and understanding of customer needs/opportunities with an acute awareness of what strategic customers see as their business roadmap needs
- Design ways for ViSenzes Computer Vision solutions to help strategic customers meet their long-term needs, revenue gains and leadership within their markets
- Use sound judgement in verification of new opportunities or offerings for customer development and manage the end-to-end engagement with both internal and external stakeholders (i.e. global sales, product team)
- Drive and advocate new solutions, lead the early stage business development function in a way that demonstrates a pathway to success for adoption of new solutions that Field teams can take on and sell globally
- Serve as an advocate and internal voice-of-the-customer for long-term and strategic initiatives; pursue nascent areas of opportunity in a strategic and targeted manner following a market segmentation approach
- Anticipate where alignment or cooperation concerns may arise and manage the discovery process towards a successful collaboration and partnership with both internal and external stakeholders
- Champion and coordinate internal teams and processes to deliver upon our strategic commitments and help reduce friction for strategic customers
- Drive and develop metrics that frame your strategic recommendations with quantitative ROI measures
- Own the customer success program for this strategic group of customers
- BASc or BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology; MBA in Finance or General Management will be an advantage
- Brings 5 years or more related experience in an Enterprise environment
- Experience across Strategy, Product, Sales/Marketing, Operations and Finance; preferably with a core knowledge in Technology, Product and Marketing
- Ability to go deep on Technical aspects to differentiate among various ViSenze services and provide valuable insights to strategic group of customers
- Consulting experience - to design and deliver workshops with customers and drive insights into potential needs/new use-cases
- Solution selling experience - to identify, nurture and position our value propositions from a customers strategic business perspective
- International market experience (particularly US and Europe)
- Self-starter, pro-active with an entrepreneurial mind-set to drive growth
- Agility to maneuver across an organizations landscape and competing strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
ViSenze is an Artificial Intelligence(A.I.) startup established in 2012 that develops advanced visual search and image recognition solutions to help businesses in eCommerce and content publishing. Utilising cutting-edge R&D in Machine Learning and Computer Vision technology, ViSenze can recommend visually-similar items to online shoppers, either on e-commerce platforms when they browse or search by uploading a picture or on content publisher platforms like social media and video networks.
ViSenzes customers are well-known eCommerce and retail businesses around the world, like Rakuten, ASOS, Uniqlo, Zalora, Caratlane, Interpark and many more. The company has raised US$20 million series C in 2019, US$10.5 million series B in 2016 and US$3.5 million series A in 2014.
We are looking for people to join our cause to simplify the visual web with really smart but simple visual tools. Spun off from the National University of Singapore (NUS) and backed by some of the most reputable international investors including Rakuten, ViSenze offers a rare opportunity to join a thriving, fast-paced, multi-cultural environment and be part of a truly exciting journey. You will be at the forefront of innovation, joining one of the very few A.I. startups in Singapore that tackles a global market.