Strategic Alliances/Partnerships Manager - United States
Thought Machine Group Limited
Manhattan , NY 10024
Posted 3 weeks ago
Thought Machine is solving one of the biggest problems in banking. Since launching in 2014, our mission has been to liberate banks from outdated, legacy technology which stifles their ability to innovate. Thought Machine's core product, Vault, is a cloud native, core banking engine built to run any type of bank - from established Tier 1 banks all the way to new challenger banks
To move closer to achieving our mission, we are looking for highly talented individuals to join the fast growing team. With a founding team drawn from Google, we have a deep culture of engineering excellence and we believe it is this which delivers a solution compelling enough to engender a seismic shift in the banking industry.
Thought Machine was recognised on LinkedIns Top Startups List (2019) and named in Fintech 50 (2019). We pride ourselves on having an excellent internal culture, where we take cultural fit as important as technical fit when we make new hires. At Thought Machine, we strive hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment to enable the team to produce the best technical work in the industry.
Partnerships are a crucial part of Thought Machines technology and business operations. As Partnerships Manager you will:
- Manage engagement with technology vendors with the aim of offering our clients a compelling, complete banking ecosystem
- Work with strategy and financial services consultancies to develop cloud computing and digital banking propositions and work within banks to deliver these.
- Work with system integrator partners to build out banking deployments.
- Identify, qualify and recruit new partners and develop these relationships, as well as building commercial constructs.
- Create, develop and own key business relationships and drive the ultimate success of partner projects; identifying and implementing business development and partnership initiatives to further our rapid growth.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partners; covering starting new relationships and maintaining existing relationships.
- Develop, structure and close partnership deals with target partner organisations that deliver enduring value to the business.
- Coordinate the involvement of Thought Machine personnel, including sales, account management, and marketing resources, to meet partnership objective.
- Define strategies, including specific plans for individual partners, to deliver long-term sustainable growth.
- Be the face of Thought Machine with key partners, building engagement and marketing campaigns and will, therefore, need impeccable presentation skills with the gravitas necessary to present Thought Machine properly and credibly to senior stakeholders.
- Provide demos and technical briefs to our partners
- Experience with commercial and contract negotiations.
- Commercial business development or previous partnerships experience with a track record of achieving commercially successful outcomes.
- This role is client facing so confidence in presenting is essential. We would hope to find a confident, proactive self starter with a willingness to learn and develop.
- Able to understand and articulate customer needs effectively and in detail to drive good customer outcomes.
- Able to think laterally and explore creative solutions in both deal negotiation and customer solution design.
- Partnership Management experience within Fintech / Banking (Retail and Business) or Consultancy would be a great fit for this role.
- Experience in a strategy or advisory firm, with excellent knowledge of computing and core banking systems.
- Experience working with Financial Institutions, especially Banks, and deep knowledge of Bank products, processes, and systems.
- Highly competitive salary
- Healthcare, vision and dental
- 20 days holiday
- 10 days sick pay
- 401K matching (up to 7%)
- Share options
- All the latest tech you need
- A talented & experienced team as your colleagues
- An environment where we encourage learning and progress
Thought Machine are committed to making a measurable positive impact on people's everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and value people who take a journey unique to them. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.