Wax + Wine is looking for a Store Manager in our gorgeous Center City Philadelphia studio!
The Store Manager is the face of the organization and has a main priority to make sure the Store operates effectively and that we keep our customers and staff always satisfied. We are looking for a talented, creative professional who has a passion for creating unique and memorable 5-star experiences for all guests.
Wax + Wine began as a dream for the father-son team, Alan and Jordan Beletz, who wanted to create a unique opportunity for people to connect with one another through creativity and conversation. Jordan and his team have created a stunning studio space in downtown Philadelphia where guests can gather with friends and create a beautiful product of their own while learning the artisan craft of candle making.
At Wax + Wine, we want to create experiences that Lighten Up Life! Whether it be through loose instruction reservations or while hosting a private event, we strive to help guests escape from the routine of the week and unlock their creativity!
Direct Reports: Candle Bar Instructor and Private Party Instructor
What you will do!
You understand that the people create our 5-star experiences. You will deliver quality experiences through the following:
Attract Hire, train, and onboard Top Talent
Continuously develop and improve all staff performance
Ensure the entire team has all the necessary tools and support to be successful
Ensure the team understands our operating procedures and respond quickly when there is uncertainty
Coordinate daily customer service operations and staff schedules
You ensure clear communication to the Store team on business performance, company culture and training focuses through daily Behind the Seams Meetings and participating in weekly Leadership Meetings
Finally, you are a player-coach, you inspire loyalty and performance through your own work towards a 5-star experience
You ensure Store Operations and Best Practices are followed in your department and throughout the store.
Operate store systems and processes
You are responsible for supporting the Sales goals in your store by setting a plan to deliver 5-star experiences
Organize incoming deliveries
What you like!
You think customers, team, and business first
You love to creatively problem solve, and you can think on the fly and handle high-tension situations
You love to create a store that will leave customers raving and recommending your site to all of their friends
Educating people about products and services is your passion!
High School graduate or equivalent; Associates or bachelors degree is preferred
Minimum of 2 years of retail management or comparable experience
1-year of management experience in a retail or creative/hospitality setting
Comfortable with technology that is commonly used in a retail environment, Point of Sale, MS Office products, and scheduling platforms
Weekend, nighttime, and holiday availability
Ability to correctly and safely lift 50 pounds
Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items for a short distance
VIEW JOBS1/15/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-04-15T00:00Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
Responsible for all aspects of the Stores' operations. Leads the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met. Staffs, trains and develops leadership team to deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. Recruits, trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received properly and manages expenses through execution of best practices and productivity.
* General Operating Requirements
* Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
* Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
* Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
* Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
* Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
* Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
* Organizational Development
* Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Area Supervisors and non-exempt Associates.
* Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce Store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including incentive programs, recognition opportunities, contests and training. Ensures all required training courses are prioritize and completed in a timely manner.
* Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
* Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and procedures.
* Manages Associate Relations issues, consulting with the District Manager as needed.
* Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
* Expense Control
* Leads all expenditures to be within budget.
* Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
* Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
* Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
* Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
* Customer Service
* Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
* Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
* Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
* Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk, fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
* Personal and Store Brand
* Leads all Store Associates in, and models, a professional appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
* Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
* Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
* Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
* Merchandise Processing and In-Store Marketing
* Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
* Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
* Urgently manages merchandise processing to the sales floor within the expected Company timeframe.
* Loss Prevention
* Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention programs to achieve Store shortage goals.
* As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
* Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
* Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
* Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper administration.
* Learning on the Fly
* Developing Effective Teams
* Business Acumen
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Managing and Measuring Work
* Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail environment
* Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
* Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
* Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
* Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
* Fluency in English.
* Must exercise considerable independent judgement and discretion.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
* Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
* Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
* Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
* Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
* Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills
Direct supervision of Assistant Store Manager, Area Supervisors and all Retail Associates.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.Ross Stores, IncPhiladelphiaPA
VIEW JOBS1/4/2022 12:00:00 AM2022-04-04T00:00General Description
Produce sales gains, by providing customer service.
Meet or Exceed Company Objectives in all measurable areas of the business.
Provide consistent assessment of each associate's sales performance and work within the store to give feedback on areas of strength and opportunity while keeping in line with Company objectives.
Adhere to current visual guidelines including proper merchandising, signage and store cleanliness.
Maintain strong product knowledge for use in selling, merchandising, and giving feedback as requested.
Ensure that all associates maintain a professional appearance consistent with company dress code policy.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Protect Company assets within guidelines of LIDS Retail policies.
Prepare store schedules and provide for proper store coverage at all times, within the guidelines for wage control set by the company.
Follow all policies to accurately manage store inventory including receiving, transferring, completing price changes and conducting product counts.
Perform proper documentation and record keeping per LIDS Retail policies, complying with all state and federal laws.
Open and close the store as required following the procedures per the Operations P&P Manual.
Additional Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Manage store associates through thorough use of LIDS Training Programs, goal setting (for sales and tasks), and regular follow up.
Recruit, develop, and train store personnel to achieve Operations Objectives as well as adhere to Operational policies and guidelines.
Administer the progressive steps of discipline to include verbal and written warnings. In addition, the Store Manager carries out employment terminations following approval from the District Sales Manager and Human Resources.
Encourage direct compliance of all store associates established company policies, procedures and guidelines including, but not limited to, safekeeping of company inventory, funds and property.
Performs work of subordinates, as needed.
Communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Required Knowledge & Skills
A two year post secondary education and one year related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Established ability to produce sales results, while minimizing loss.
Proven supervisory skills, with capacity to deliver training material and assess retention.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally in a clear and professional manner.
Ability to operate a computer, as well as maneuver relative software programs.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Ability to climb a ladder and work with hands overhead.
Standing required for up to 100% of the work time.
Ability and willingness to travel overnight for training and/or business meetings.
VIEW JOBS12/23/2021 12:00:00 AM2022-03-23T00:00Requisition ID: 548362
Store #: 009532 Sunglass Hut
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information
Sunglass Hut is a global leader in the sale of premium sunglasses with over 1600 retail stores across North America. By joining our team you'll grow with the brightest in retail!
We offer competitive benefits, valuable training, and unlimited growth opportunities.
We believe in the freedom of self-expression, inclusivity and authenticity, which is why we bring exclusive styles of high-quality fashion and performance sunglasses to all.
The Store Manager is an on-the-floor leader, not only performing all store functions, but also acting as a guide and role model for the team. Coaches, develops and inspires the team so that everyone working in the store serves as a true ambassador for Sunglass Hut.
The Store Manager creats an environment where everyone delivers great service through The Sunglass Hut Experience. The Store Manager's leadership, energy and willingness to make quick decisions inspires every store Associate to deliver The Sunglass Hut Experience that translates into sales.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Utilizes The Sunglass Hut Experience tools to consistently deliver sales plan and company objectives.
* Develops the store's strategic plan to achieve financial results.
* Drives sales by continually identifying opportunities to achieve both personal and store goals.
* Leads by example by coaching, developing, mentoring and inspiring the team to enhance store performance.
* People work for people - uses this philosophy to grow careers, encourage teamwork and retain talent through a development-focused environment.
* Networks, recruits, hires to staffing needs, and trains using the onboarding tools provided as part of The Sunglass Hut Experience.
* Inspires team growth through individual development plans.
* Creates an inspirational and motivating work environment that reflects the integrity of the brand.
* Creates an EMOTIONAL CONNECTION within the store team that translates into sales and ensures every Associate consistently delivers The Sunglass Hut Experience.
* Spends an average of 100% of time present on the sales floor.
* Continually coaches and develops the team to ensure consistent and absolute execution of The Sunglass Hut Experience.
* Develops customer relationships through interaction and feedback.
* Acts as an ambassador for the Sunglass Hut brand.
* Builds the Sunglass Hut brand by consistently executing the brand standards.
* Stays adept at knowing the product and staying curious on new merchandise and fashion trends.
* Motivates, coaches, and inspires thei team and ensures they are the best possible brand ambassadors.
* Ensures impeccable execution of operational policies and procedures, and maintains brand standards.
* Continually coaches and develops to ensure retail excellence.
* Communicates information regarding promotions, contests, and incentives to the team.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Previous leadership experience of 2+ years
* Demonstrated expertise in every aspect of store operations
* Ability to use critical thinking to deliver absolute execution of the operational components of the store
* Customer service and/or retail experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Retail Manager, Retail Operations, Store Manager, Manager, Retail, Management
The Luxottica GroupPhiladelphiaPA
DISCLAIMER : The names and logos of the companies referred throughout this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.