To recruit, hire, train and manage store personnel to achieve store sales plan, control expenses,
and to protect company assets while pursing growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
• Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
• Recruit, interview, and hire high caliber employees with in store needs.
• Train and develop a successful sales team.
• Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
• Conduct Monthly Performance Reviews
• Conduct Monthly Store Meetings
• Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
• Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations.
• Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices.
• Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with schedules policy.
• Resolve customer issues effectively.
• Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
• Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
• 1-2 years retail sales experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work 45 hours per week.
• Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
• Completed all training programs leading up to Manager in Training position.
• Stand for long periods of time
• Must be at least 18 years of age.