Position: Stock Associate
Reports To: General Manager and/or
Type: Casual, Non-Exempt
Discover your purpose...
Receive shipments & accurately maintain inventory records. Maintain stockroom & off-site locations. Assist sales team in replenishing sales floor after shipment or during recovery periods.
Who you are...
• Love to keep things organized & have an unmatched attention to detail to accurately maintaininventory records
• Passionate about the delivering the highest level of customer service standards to internal & external customers.
• Ultimate team player, eager to jump in & help your colleagues to get the job done.
• Curious & creative, striving for ways to simplify processes & procedures to streamline work.
• Proven success achieving results both independently & through teamwork.
• Hands-on teammate, who takes a proactive approach to all tasks.
At Williams Sonoma you will....
• Exemplify the highest level of customer service standards to internal and external customers.
• Scan shipment as delivered.
• Ticket and stock merchandise in the stock room or prepare for immediate distribution to the sales floor.
• Provide feedback to supervisor regarding inventory levels and damages.
• Organize stockroom by department and categories and stock merchandise on appropriate shelves or in offsite locations.
• Adjust stocking procedures to ensure aisles and exits are clear.
• Ensure that merchandise is safely stored, properly ticketed packaged and logged, and easily located for replenishment.
• Pack and log merchandise as required for customer deliveries.
• Transport merchandise to and from remote stockroom locations and maintain accurate inventory records.
• Ensure that the stockroom is clean, swept, with garbage removed and supplies organized.
• May assist on sales floor during peak times and as assigned.
• Complete tasks listed on daily agenda or as assigned (i.e., maintenance of store, lighting, cleaning).
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Ensure all appropriate stockroom procedures are followed to minimize loss to the company.
What we’re looking for...
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1-2 years stockroom (or related work.) experience.
• 1-2 years customer service experience preferred.
• Basic product knowledge preferred but not required.
• Effective time management skill to execute multiple taskssimultaneously.
• Ability to be mobile in the stockroom or on sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Proven ability to operate and read scanning equipment for extended periods.
• Ability to lift and carry medium-to-large items, weighing up to 100 lbs., utilizing appropriate equipment and safety
• Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be
available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and two during the week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
• *Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday). If preferred, an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the week (Monday to Thursday).
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the 'AODA') in Ontario, Williams-Sonoma Canada would like to advise that it complies with all applicable requirements of the AODA and, if necessary, provides accessibility for all applicants and associates with physical and mental disabilities, both during recruitment and employment. If an applicant or an associate is in need of an accommodation for a disability, contact a General Manager and any store location for assistance.