Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Conewago Enterprises, Inc
Hanover , PA 17331
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Steel Erector is responsible for raising, placing and uniting iron or steel girders, columns and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks. The Steel Erector may also erect and assemble prefabricated metal buildings and install roof decking. Completes the task at hand in a safe manner while helping to keep the job on schedule.
- Connect columns, beams and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Hoist steel beams, girders and columns in place using cranes to lift and position structural steel members.
- Pull, push or pry structural steel members into proper positions.
- Bolt aligned structural steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting or welding in place.
- Fabricate metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams and girders according to blueprints.
- Works cooperatively with the Foreman and other team members.
- Able to work at heights
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents and near misses occurring on the job site to your supervisor.
- Report all safety and health hazards to supervisors and take necessary actions to establish an immediate temporary control of the hazard until permanent control can be established.
- Maintain and utilize all PPE provided.
- Attend and participate in all required safety training and meetings.
- Learn and comply with all safety rules, policies and regulations applicable to your work.
- Work safely in a manner as to ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Follow all safety rules.
- High school diploma/GED/Tech Prep diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant construction experience.
- Must have AWS D1.1 weld certification.
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual.
- The ability to read and understand documents, drawings and instructions (whether presented in written, oral, diagram or schedule form).
- The ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts to practical situations.
- The ability to follow oral and written direction or instruction.
- The ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others.
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or co-workers and respond to customer's needs.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity and clear speech to perform the essential functions of the job effectively.
- Must have flexibility to work shifts other than your normal hours when required.
- The ability to work in outside weather conditions.
- The ability to use hands and fingers and have manual dexterity.
- The ability to stand/bend/stretch/reach/kneel/crawl, etc.
- The ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from construction jobsites and/or shop.
- This position may involve frequent or periodic out of town travel.
- Must be skilled in using hand tools.
- Must be skilled in using power tools.
- The ability to speak fluent English.
- The ability to stand for sustained periods of time.
- The ability to climb ladders and have no fear of heights.
- The ability to read a tape measure.
- The ability to read blueprints.
- The ability to use proper PPE (personal protection equipment).
- The ability to pass respirator fit test.
The Steel Erector reports to the Steel Foreman in charge of the crew and performs tasks related to welding and steel erection. The Steel Erector erects and unites columns and other structural members. The Steel Erector may also erect and assemble prefabricated metal buildings. Will be expected to use sound judgment, self-drive and honesty in carrying out the functions of the job.
Conewago offers a competitive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short Term Disability, Vacation, and Holiday.