Columbus , OH 43065
Posted 5 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Every day new startup founders join the Startups.com family of sites. Our Startup Consultants are on the front lines providing professional insight, strategy, and services to help these founders grow their businesses and achieve success. In doing so, Startup Consultants are responsible for managing long-term relationships with some of the most innovative companies in the world. On a normal day, a Startup Consultant will engage on the phone with 3-4 clients and work towards an additional 3-4 internal or client initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in strategy calls and meetings to set initial strategy with assigned clients.
- Provide strategic oversight and guidance to ensure all project deliverables remain on strategy throughout the delivery process.
- Act as a point of escalation for high-risk situations, and help resolve them where needed.
- Align client expectations around scope of service and deliverables.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with assigned clients beyond project delivery.
- Review accounts and determine opportunities for growth, add-on value, and upsells.
- Contribute to the development of future products and services that are delivered by the consulting services team.
- Stay up-to-date concerning startup news and industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- You must be a people persona large part of this job involves being on the phone with entrepreneurs and founders. Obviously we engage in a fair amount of email communication, but we pride ourselves on being personally accessible to our clients.
- You have at least a working knowledge of how startups get from an idea and scaleand your passion for the startup world will help you quickly get up to speed.
- You are able to provide solutions to problems, and resolve issues diplomatically at the highest level.
- You possess strong research and strategic analysis skills.
- You can analyze data, determine trends and applications, and report them clearly and correctly.
- You are capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to quickly develop working relationships.
- You embrace teamwork and thrive in a self-motivated environment.
- You have an innate desire to constantly improve and add value - not only as a person but also through the projects you're working on.
- 2+ years professional work experience in client or customer facing role.
- Superior problem solving skills with ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Detail oriented; ability to multi-task and prioritize projects.
- Prior Project/Account Management experience preferred.
- Experience within a startup or entrepreneurial environment preferred.
- A Get-it-done mentality that relentlessly drives for execution, results, efficiencies, and improvements.
- Experience with Google Suite and Google Calendar is preferred; fluency in Microsoft Office is required.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Familiarity with how businesses raise capital is a plus.
Check out our "About" page on Startups.com to learn more about our company and culture - https://www.startups.com/about
Compensation varies greatly based on the experience of the candidate and the work assigned. We understand market rates well, so we are certainly competitive.
Every person in our company owns a piece of the company. A signing bonus in stock will be made available so that you are a part of the company from Day 1.
We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage. We need you healthy to do your best work. A 401(k) plan is also available.
We want you to take time off. We know youre better for it. We start you with three weeks and it only goes up from there. If you need or want more - ask. Were flexible.