Staples Family Center Program Director
Salvation Army USA
Ann Arbor , MI 48103
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
MISSION STATEMENT FOR THE SALVATION ARMY:"The Salvation Army, an International movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible.
Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination. "
Directs and supervises the on-going operation of Staples Family Center in accordance with The Salvation Army guidelines and operational standards; develops and enacts resident programming in response to needs; provides input into program vision and development; provides supervision of all shelter staff and volunteers.
- Oversees and coordinates the operation of Staples Family Center a) Assure compliance at all levels of operations including but not limited to management of shelter employees, client management, programs, and properties.b) Facilitates needed repairs, improvements, and maintenance to the facility including property and furnishings. Work with Washtenaw County Command to secure vendors for any needed repairs.c) Oversees food service operation to insure that program is in compliance with all health and sanitation standards. Establishes and maintains a system for preparation of daily meal. d) Assumes responsibility to ensure overall cleanliness of house including living areas, resident bedrooms, office, laundry area, basement and yard. e) Responsible for ordering food and supplies for shelter.f) Ensures staff are administering required fire drills and logging them appropriately.g) Maintains certificates of operation, scheduling and coordinating needed inspections with the city, county, and other required organizations.
- Oversees and coordinates shelter services.a) Responsible for coordinating intakes as referred through Housing Access for Washtenaw County (HAWC).b) Supervision of housing navigator case manager and service delivery to residents ensuring comprehensive case files and structuring of case plans for residents.c) Maintain, follow and updates shelter procedures to ensure safety of residents and staff.d) Enters client data into Homeless Management Information System. Analyze data to determine trends and submit required reports to funders.e) Responsible for the timely submission of program reports and billing to funders.
- Develops and implements in house client services in response to the needs of those served.(a) In coordination with the Director of Social Services, assists in the process of program development.(b) Assumes the primary role of assessing client needs in the shelter ministry and carrying out necessary program changes to address such needs.(c) Scheduling of classes to assist client, but not limited to nutrition, budgeting, parenting, tutoring, etc.
- Provide on-going supervision of shelter staff.(a) Takes the lead in the hiring of shelter staff and facilitates the orientation of new staff.(b) Assumes primary responsibility for training shelter staff and motivating staff to work capably and effectively with residents.(c) Coordinates staff work schedule to ensure coverage of facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.(d) Manages staff time cards and is the liaison between Staples Family Center and the County Business Office.(e) Schedules and facilitates monthly shelter staff meetings.(f) Schedule bi-weekly case reviews with housing navigator case manager.(g) Liaison with EMU for internship program. Develop assignments and provided weekly supervision to students.
- Functions as liaison between The Salvation Army, Staples Family Center, and the community.(a) Participates in all appropriate collaborations, coalitions and networks.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The Staples Family Center Program Director is accountable to the Director of Social Services and the Washtenaw County Commanding Officer. The director is expected to carry out his/her duties responsibly and in a manner that is in compliance with the ministry and purpose of The Salvation Army. Above all, the program director is to represent The Salvation Army and Staples Family Center within the community in such a manner as to insure utmost recognition and support.
Masters Degree with a minimum of 1 year previous shelter management experience preferred. A bachelor's degree in a related field and at least 3 to 5 years of management experience will be considered. Applicant must be flexible and able to function well under extreme pressure.
Position is full time salaried/exemptBusiness hours are 8:30 to 5:00 Monday through Friday, however, as facility is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week, weekends and evenings will be required. This position is part of the shelter management team and will be required to participate in weekly team meetings and be on call on a rotating basis to respond to after hour emergencies.