St Luke's University Health Network Bethlehem , PA 18018
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.Responsible for the computer and clerical processes associated with coordinating all Home Health staff schedules to meet the customers' needs. The Staff Coordinator also supports the clerical l needs of the Home health teams using timely efficient communication between team members and all departments.
1.Assigns new referrals to nurses and therapists.
2.Inputs all schedule changes and/or corrections into the computerized scheduling program and relays changes to designated staff.
3. communicates efficiently with patient/family, other referral sources and providers to relay necessary information,
4, Reviews staff daily assignments to assure all visits are assigned and/or completed,.
5.Cross trains with other staff coordinators to facilitates smooth day to day operations,
6, Investigates patient scheduling concerns as appropriate and communicates concerns with coordinator/manager as necessary,
7.Function as a liaison between Intake Department staff and clinicians to assume timely and accurate processing of patient information,
8.Triage phone calls, contacts appropriate staff, and communicates changes in schedule as needed
9.Initiates caseload reports for team members,. Make interim changes as directed by staff.
10. Performs clerical functions as indicated to meet the needs of the patient care teams,
11. maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/entity as well as the proper release of information,
12. Complies with network and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting requirements.
13. Demonstrates/models the networks' Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers - internal and external.
14. Demonstrates performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate : Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer /Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
15. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices.
16. Complies with network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
1.Occasionally lift and/or carry 50 lbs
2.Frequently lift and/or carry 25 lbs
3.Being able to frequently lift or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds is often
more critical that being able to lift up to 50 lbs at a time
4.Stand and/or walk at least 6 hours in an 8-hour work day
5.Very few medium occupations in the national economy are performed primarily
in a sitting position
1.Stooping (bending at the waist) and crouching (stooping and bending at the knee)
required frequently in most medium jobs
2.Handling (grasping) required frequently in most medium jobs
3.Fingering (fine manipulation) required only occasionally in most medium jobs
Important: The functional capacity to perform medium work includes the functional
capacity to perform sedentary and light work
EDUCATION: High school graduate. A graduate of a medical records program is
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: None required, good keyboard skills and previous
medical terminology and scheduling background helpful.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.