Staff Registered Nurse II
Oklahoma City , OK 73102
Posted 2 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
OU Physicians is Oklahoma's largest physician group and encompasses almost every adult and child specialty.
POSITION INFORMATION: Performs professional nursing duties such as physician assistance, sample collection, information gathering, patient follow-up, data collection, medication administration, collaboration, patient education, emergency response, patient preparation, and sedation.
- Physician Assistance. Assists physician during the examination as needed. Ensures that all information is available to the physician.
- Sample Collection. Collects samples from patients including blood, urine, etc. Prepares samples for analysis or shipment
- Information Gathering. Takes and records various readings such as heart and respiratory rate, blood pressure, weight, body temperature, etc.
- Patient Follow Up. Makes follow up patient appointments, or follows up on patient appointments. Answers routine questions from patients, family, etc.
- Data Collection. Collects all laboratory reports, data, and records.
- Medication Administration. Under direction of physician or other medical personnel, administers medication to patients.
- Collaboration. Collaborates with other healthcare professionals to provide efficient quality patient care.
- Patient Education. Provides educational information to patients, family, etc.
- Emergency Response. Responds to and intervenes in emergency situations such as anaphylaxis, hypoglycemia, hypotension, hemorrhage, respiratory distress, etc.
- Personnel Supervision. Directs and evaluates the work of some personnel that may include Clinic Clerks, Medical Assistants, and other Nurses. Acts as a lead employee when work performed requires little or no direct supervision.
- Patient Preparation. Prepares patient for examination by having charts ready, etc.
- Sedation. Assists with conscious sedation of patients.
- As Needed. Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the function of the position.