Staff Manufacturing Engineer
Billerica , MA
Posted 3 weeks ago
Full Time - Exempt
The Staff Manufacturing Engineer will design manufacturing processes and implement operational readiness programs for Alerts new product development process from planning through product launch. This position will perform the critical role of influencing new product design to ensure that it is optimized for manufacturing cost and quality in addition to meeting all specified requirements. In addition, this position will also support sustaining engineering projects including introduction and optimization through the supply chain.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the organization, the right candidate will possess the ability to work on many projects simultaneously, design and execute tests, learn from tests and mistakes, implement learnings and process change as appropriate, and adapt easily to changes. This position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their teams work and can execute responsibilities with little supervision.
What Will You Do?
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Perform DFx analysis of components and assemblies to achieve high quality robust products repeatedly to meet cost targets.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement on product and process for cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency improvement.
- Present process concept proposals and implement approved processes on schedule and within budget.
- Monitor and assure assigned processes are and continue to be compliant with all safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements. Audit both administrative and engineering controls. Communicate findings, take corrective action, and design/implement engineered solutions when appropriate to maintain effective compliance.
- Develop and document manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Identify assembly tooling and fixtures to support product manufacturing.
- Work closely with engineering and product development teams to structure Bills of Materials, Drawings and Work Instructions to support outsourcing and product transfer.
- Provide technical product knowledge in support of package development and testing.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complete design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What Are We Looking For?
- Ability to problem-solve complex issues in an effective and efficient manner.
- Understanding of product development processes and ability to work within a formal stage/gate development process.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to develop and manage a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines, and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Experience with assembly and test of motion control devices, automated systems, or mobile robots.
- Strong Electro-Mechanical aptitude with extensive manufacturing experience.
- Ability to resolve emergent engineering related production barriers. Provide technical assistance through the supply chain as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings and Bills of Materials.
- Proficient use of CAD systems such as Solidworks or CREO.
- Experience developing PFMEAs and control plans to identify, mitigate and manage production-based risks.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques including Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing methods & procedures.
- Able to constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements.
- Someone who is self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: Treat others as you would want to be treated.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create performance synergy, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
What Do We Offer?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based.Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years.Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your teams workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practice in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.