Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
Lancaster , PA 17604
Posted 3 weeks ago
Who youll be working with:
- Reports to the Design Manager
- Collaborate with our Design Council
2500 Columbia Avenue, Lancaster, PA 17604 temporarily 100% remote due to COVID
New Location Coming Summer 2021:1770 Hempstead Road, Lancaster, PA 17601. Catch a sneak preview here!
How youll contribute to the team:
- Product Designers create high-quality digital designs for new flooring products as we strive for design excellence and leadership
- Travel to our manufacturing facilities during color trials in order to provide direction and input
- Represent Armstrong Flooring at design shows, trade shows, and customer visits and incorporate relevant information back to into our products
- Gather competitive intelligence and turn it into a manufacturable design
- Identify market segment, color, texture, format, and visual trends and interpreting them into tangible product attributes
- Create impactful concept boards connected to research and trends
- Create new products and assist in the specification and manufacturing of these products
- Develop and present design briefs for new product launches that outline launch objective
- Deliver professional speeches, presentations, and training sessions to a variety of audiences
- 10% travel for conferences, vendor or customer meetings, color trials at plants, or similar activities
What youll bring to the table:
- Interior Design degree, Industrial Design degree, Graphical Design degree, or Fine Arts degree; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of commercial interior design or product design experience in flooring or similar products
- Cutting edge, leading vision for design
- Must pass the Munsell Hue test for color accuracy
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- AVA knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of project management best practices, organization and detailed oriented, and driving for results skill set
- Ability to present ideas and designs to peer level employees
- Ability to work on cross functional teams and place higher priority on organizational goals
- Seeks opportunities to continuously improve
- Strong Color Sense with a solid understanding of Color Theory
Well be excited if you have:
- NCIDQ Certification
- Easy Color Knowledge and experience
- Masters in Fine Arts, Surface Imaging, or equivalent
Youll see it in the vibrant colors of your school hallway, doctors and nurses will walk it while caring for your loved ones, your family will gather on it while creating everlasting memories. We are North Americas #1 producer of resilient flooring products and our mission is to inspire great spaces.
Thats us. Thats Armstrong Flooring.
Community & Philanthropy: We have a heritage of investing millions of dollars in programs that enhance the neighborhoods where we live and work. Additionally, were proud that our employees regularly and willingly give of their time and talents to support the efforts of local organizations.
Sustainability: Armstrong Flooring has a long-standing reputation for sustainable innovation, starting with using cork waste to make linoleum floors over 100 years ago. We continue to develop products that have lower environmental footprints, and in some cases, reduce the environmental footprints of the buildings where they are installed.
At Armstrong Flooring, every employee has a development plan and discussions around career growth. We have many employees with diverse backgrounds and career paths. We offer the following opportunities which promote a growth culture:
- On-the-Job training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Instructor-led & online courses
- Job shadowing
- Cross-functional team projects
- Choice of competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans - effective Day 1 of employment
- 401k with company match
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Prescription plan with mail-order options
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation with graduated schedule & option to purchase more
- Paid holidays
- Product discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company celebrations & department gatherings
- Recognition program
- Service awards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: Armstrong Flooring provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.