Staff Accountant Projects - Remote
Nashville , TN 37250
Posted 2 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Paro provides freelancers access to clients on a 1099 basis for opportunities in the finance/accounting space. We are an expert network of the top 2% of financial talent, including: CFOs, Financial Analysts, Bookkeepers/Accountants, and Tax Specialists who are highly vetted and have a proven background to handle a variety of clients.
You can apply through this link! https://paro.io/join-paro/
You would be working as a remote Freelancer (1099 contractor) in a managed marketplace that is accelerating the mass migration to the gig / freelance economy by satisfying freelancers' need of a predictable and reliable income while still harnessing the benefits of the gig economy. Our goal is to empower you to do what you love by providing you with a line-of-sight into what your future earnings look like by building your own book of business on our platform. Paro's matchmaking algorithms make game-changing efficient matches, eliminating the time you have to spend on sales and business development. We ensure that the expectations and budgets on all of the projects are clearly defined before they get to you. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Example Bookkeeper/Accountant Duties:
- Own the bookkeeping process.
- Develop a system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Post and update journal entries in QuickBooks (experience in other accounting platforms, in addition to QuickBooks, is a plus)
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Handle month-end close process.
- .Maintain an open line of communication with clients (phone and email).
- Perform both ongoing and ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Must be highly skilled and certified in QuickBooks Online
- Must be highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Must have the ability to work independently without guidance
- Must have the utmost integrity and understanding of confidentiality
- Must have a pleasant, professional demeanor in person and on the phone
- Accounting or Finance degree a plus