Liberty Health Sciences
Gainesville , FL 32601
Posted 4 months ago
Staff Accountant responsibilities include, performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, processing payments to external partners and maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, expenditures reporting, and maintaining records retention. To be successful in this role, you should have a Finance or Accounting background and be familiar with bookkeeping.
The person in this role needs to have strong organizational skills, follows direction well, must be good with numbers, have above average computer skills, and be an adaptable team player
- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable
- Setup various services for Dispensary and filing with multiple municipalities
- Update internal accounting databases and spreadsheets
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Create and support the companys Indirect Procurement activities
- Responsible for the non-production purchasing program
- Maintains accurate inventories
- Maintains best fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Manage obligations to suppliers, customers and third-party vendors
- Process bank deposits
- Prepare, send and store invoices
- Identify and address discrepancies
- Bookkeeping: 3- 5 years (Required)
- Administrative Assistant degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field: 2 years (Required)
- Must be able to pass a Level 2 Background (FBI)
- Proven work experience as a Senior Accountant or similar role
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Excel skills using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Good organizational and time-management abilities
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
- Demonstrate accuracy and strong attention to detail, well organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Independent worker able to plan and prioritize workflow
- Customer Service experience.
Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits offered after 60 days on the first of the month.
Liberty Health Sciences, LLC, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Liberty Health Sciences, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Liberty health Sciences, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Liberty Health Sciences, LLCs employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.