Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Staff Accountant - Investment Accounting
Grand Rapids , MI 49525
Posted 4 months ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
The Staff Accountant will assist in managing and reporting cash, cash equivalents, and investment activity as well as preparing various financial statements and reports.
Culture of Care
The Accounting team at RDV Corporation has a culture of teamwork, innovation, critical thinking, and outstanding customer service. This is a supportive and challenging work environment with a close-knit team that likes to have fun both inside and outside of the workplace.
As an employee of RDV Corporation, you will experience a workplace that is founded on the respect and well-being of others – our employees, their families, and the families that we serve. Located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, we are a team of highly competent professionals who are gracious and trustworthy.Duties and Responsibilities
Elements of Success
- Develop a solid working knowledge of the portfolio management system and general ledger to enable proper posting and tracking of transactions.
- Prepare schedule of managed debt.
- Prepare weekly cash activity reports.
- Prepare select bank and broker statement reconciliations.
- Prepare selected periodic financial statements and supplemental schedules.
- Prepare annual trust accounting reports.
- Review selected statements and reports.
- Serve as backup for Accounting Assistant and Financial Accountant positions.
- Participate in office administration duties as assigned.
- Prepare additional reports and perform special projects as assigned.
- File banking and investment documents as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Previous college coursework and/or professional work experience with various bookkeeping duties/computer applications, including bank reconciliations, data input, word processing, and databases.
- Thorough understanding of general office practices, procedures, and office equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects, work independently, and be self-directed.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and processing for multiple entities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.