The candidate must show a high degree of professionalism, have strong interpersonal skills, and pay attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a medical accounting background. Responsible for all aspects of the accounting, and will aid leadership in accounting related tasks
• Preparation of journal entries for accounting transactions and assisting with the month-end closing activities for corporate entities
• Management of asset records and supporting documentation
• Ensuring the integrity of financial information for each separate entity
• Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
• Assisting with preparation of the budget
• Identifying variances and areas for process improvement
• Assist with supporting documentation for tax filings
• Documentation of processes and internal controls
• Other duties supporting the financial management function of the company as required
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
• Detail-oriented and demonstrates a “can-do” positive attitude.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
• Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities or reprioritization of projects.
• Excellent communication skills-verbal and written
• Excellent skills in MS Excel and Word. Advanced knowledge in Excel understanding concepts of databases, filtering data, use of mathematical, logical, statistical and financial functions a plus.
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required
• 3+ years’ experience with significant accounting responsibilities