VIEW JOBS1/17/2019 12:00:00 AM2019-04-17T00:00<p><strong>*Not accepting 3rd Party Resumes*</strong></p><p>At Amare we want to empower people to live healthier happier lives. We create a holistic mental wellness platform that connects a purpose-driven community of passionate people. </p><p>Imagine yourself working for a company that shares your passion about how nutrition impacts mental wellness as well as overall health. This position reports directly to the Director of Finance. <strong><em> Together we will change lives all over the world.</em></strong></p><p>Amare’s Staff Accountant is responsible for creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization. Additionally, you will:</p><ul> <li> Maintain confidentiality of financial information, or any other tasks assigned.</li> <li>Communicate with management, finance associates and other team members.</li> <li>Responsible for creating forms and procedure documents for accounting.</li> <li>Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.</li> <li>Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy.</li> <li>Work with the Director of Finance on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization.</li> <li>Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.</li> <li>A/P and negotiate vendor payment terms on behalf of the company. </li> <li>Help with Cash Flow statements.</li> <li>Reconcile inventory to actual on a quarterly basis and demand planning.</li> <li>Able to work with NetSuite to the implementation or new SKUs.</li> <li>Responsible for all accruals – salary, commissions, and other.</li> <li>Sales recognition of membership fees monthly.</li> <li>Able to manage and reconcile roll-forward schedules – A/P; Inventory; Debt; and others.</li> <li>Book all G/L entries to NetSuite on daily/weekly/monthly basis.</li> </ul><p><br></p><p><strong>Requirements</strong></p><ul> <li>5+ years’ experience in accounting</li> <li>Bachelor’s degree in accounting</li> <li>Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of NetSuite</li> <li>Proficient in Excel</li> <li>Experience with inventory</li> <li>Experience with Exigo a plus </li> <li>Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities</li> <li>Good interpersonal skills, detail oriented, self-motivated and organized</li> <li>Good research, quantitative, and analytical skills</li> <li>Good communication and presentation skills – verbal and written</li> <li>Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment</li> </ul><p><br></p><ul> </ul><p><strong><em>We hope that</em></strong></p><ul> <li>You align with our core values: Love, Service, Integrity, Innovation, Humility.</li> <li>You will be as dedicated to Amare's mission and vision as we are.</li> <li>You have an entrepreneurial spirit which translates to treating this position and company as if it was your own.</li> <li>You are obsessed with improving your personal skills, learning every day, and embracing new technology.</li> <li>You love feedback and are a genuine team player.</li> </ul><p><br></p><p><strong>Benefits</strong></p><p><strong><em>Amare Employees enjoy full benefits and some perks including:</em></strong></p><ul> <li>Medical, Dental and Vision</li> <li>401(k) with match</li> <li>Company Paid Income Protection Benefits (Group Life, LTD)</li> <li>Employee Assistance Program</li> <li>Access to a gym, yoga patio, spin cycle room</li> <li>Onsite dry-cleaning services</li> <li>Zagster bikes</li> </ul>Amare GlobalIrvineCA
VIEW JOBS12/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-03-06T00:00Staff Accountant - Intercompany
Shimano North America Holding, Inc. is currently seeking a Staff Accountant - Intercompany to contribute to the effective and efficient operation within the North American Accounting Department. Our ideal candidate must be a well-organized, observant, self-starter, who can manage a variety of projects simultaneously with little oversight, possess excellent communication and follow-through skills and be ready and eager to lend a hand and help customers and peers with whatever challenges they face.
SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA HOLDING, Inc. is a global company offering the world's sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro and Innovative Textiles, Inc. (ITI). We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO NORTH AMERICA. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Staff Accountant works with a high degree of independence in performing accounting and financial activities for the company. The role requires strong analytic and reasoning skills in order to determine the best outcome when faced with uncertainty.
The person will apply general accepted principles of accounting to analyze financial information and will be responsible for making the requisite journal entries and preparing account reconciliations in order to be able to prepare accurate and complete financial statements.
* Perform intercompany accounting including reconciling intercompany billing and receivables between all entities and ensure elimination of intercompany accounts.
* Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries and reports.
* Reconciliation of all the balance sheet accounts related to specific intercompany ledgers.
* Understand system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation for fixed assets.
* Preparing and filing of all sales and use tax, gross receipts, motor fuel, and state and federal excise tax returns.
* Understanding of consolidated financial statement preparation.
* Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
* Increase productivity by developing and/or enhancing automated accounting processes, tools and applications.
* Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
* Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met.
* Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
* Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
* Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
* Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
* Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
* Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
* Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
* Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
* Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
* Knowledge of JDE.
* A minimum of 1-3 years' experience in the financial reporting, Intercompany, auditing, and providing financial advice.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment and take on new tasks.
* The individual will be expected to take ownership of his /her work product.
* Attention to detail and accuracy.
* Planning and organizing.
* Strong communication skills.
* Problem solving skills.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano North America reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano North America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Shimano American CorporationIrvineCA
VIEW JOBS11/27/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-25T00:00Summary
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a highly dedicated Staff Accountant to be responsible for general accounting functions, assisting in the preparation of G/L reconciliation, journal entries, financial statements, and preparing documents for AP. Provide general support to the accounting and finance department.
Take this opportunity to join North America's leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
* Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
* 401(k) with company match
* Training and Career Development
* Generous Paid Time-Off
* Accurately complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Transact, update and reconcile Prepaid schedules.
* Complete recurring and month end close journal.
* Complete vendor invoicing and process credit memos.
* Reconcile and allocate inter-company transactions.
* MPC ad hoc reporting to support financial close process.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent job-related experience in Accounting
* 0-4 years of experience in general accounting
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Analytical and research skills; ability to exercise sound judgment
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers; knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Junior Staff Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions, assisting in preparation of G/L reconciliation, journal entries, financial statements, and preparing documents for AP. Provide general support to the accounting and finance department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Accurately complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Transact, update and reconcile Prepaid schedules
* Complete recurring and month end close journal
* Complete vendor invoicing and process credit memos
* Reconcile and allocate intercompany transactions
* MPC adhoc reporting to support financial close process
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job %
(Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Accounting
* 0-2 years of experience in general accounting
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
* Excellent customer service orientation
* Good interpersonal skills
* Analytical and research Skills
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
* Ability to exercise sound judgment
* Ability to work effectively with management
* Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
* Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
* Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.
Advantage Sales And Marketing, LLCIrvineCA