Responsible for the accuracy of Hotel Employees' bi-weekly wages, including the timekeeping, pay-rates, and miscellaneous earnings and deductions. Additionally, all taxes and other deductions must be accounted for payments issued to appropriate authorities at the scheduled time. The nature of payroll is such that the Paymaster must ensure that the required tasks are carried out accurately and consistently.
Ensures transactions are posted regularly and payments to the vendors are generated on a timely basis. Ensure that backup records for all accounts payable transactions are properly maintained.
Responsible for processing all invoices and authorized check payments to hotel vendors in accordance with resort standards. Reconciles daily statements and month-end balancing of payables.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Payroll & Accounts Payable
1.Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2.Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3.Anticipate in house customers and outside vendor's needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all inquiries, however busy and whatever time of day.
4.Maintain positive in house and external guest relations at all times.
5.Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6.Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
7.Maintain complete knowledge of property management system and manual procedures.
8.Set up and organize work station with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
9.Answer telephone within three rings and according to company's telephone etiquette.
10. Maintain accurate files on all authorized purchase orders.
11. Ensures that purchases are duly authorized and that all documents are signed in approval by the authorized management.
12. Controls the arithmetical accuracy of all invoices received.
13. Ensures the correct accounts allocations of different expenses are indicated on each invoice.
14. Prepares and executes the posting to the accounts payable subsidiary ledger as required.
15. Compares and controls suppliers' invoices and credit notes with all related documents (purchase order/request, delivery notes and "receiving" reports).
16. Ensures that the receiving procedures for suppliers are followed before payment is made.
17. Match receiving invoices to authorized POs and review accuracy of charges; reconcile differences with Purchasing Agent and/or vendor.
18. Investigates all invoices received without purchase orders and notifies his supervisor, the findings for further action.
19. Review vendor statements and reconcile any disputes. Resolve any invoices which are beyond the acceptable terms for payment.
20. Review open POs and resolve with Purchasing Agent. Reviews with cost controller/purchasing department all open purchase orders at month-end.
21. Prepare authorized invoices for payment to vendors according to credit terms and based on the statement submitted by the supplier after reconciliation with transactions on the company's books and presents it to the Director of Finance for signature.
22. Un-reconciled transactions on suppliers' statements are addressed and solved by contacting the supplier and the concerned departments of the resort.
23. Review and ensure that payroll system data is supported by external documents, timecards.
24. Follow up on goods received without invoices.
25. Create new vendor accounts in system and update vendor master accounts.
26. Verify ledger codes, batch invoices and post invoices.
27. Print checks and attach to matched documentation; distribute to designated personnel for authorized signature.
28. Receive manual check requests and verify accuracy of information and authorized approvals; input into vendor master as paid after cutting the check.
29. Trace all authorized service and contract payments and process payments.
30. Maintain accurate record of all issued checks.
31. Ensure security of all unused checks.
32. Collate check copies, attach to respective invoices and file.
33. Print designated reports and distribute as specified by the Asst. Controller or Director of Finance.
34. Mail signed checks to vendors.
35. Cancel invoices and void checks.
36. Files the paid invoices and other documents in an orderly manner in such a way that other supervisors can easily refer to the invoices in his absence.
37. Files the invoices to be paid in order to facilitate the research of the documents.
38. Prepare applicable government, federal or required reports (i.e., sales tax, 1099, state liquor).
39. Complete month-end closing procedures.
40. At month-end, verifies with the purchasing/cost controller, that the total purchases of goods tallies with the invoice amounts entered and posted in subsidiary ledger. Any discrepancy should be resolved before closing the month.
41. Controls, verifies and accounts for the general cashier's petty cash re-imbursements, ensuring that all documents are properly filled in and approved.
42. Performs price comparisons regularly and advises his supervisor of any discrepancies.
43. Reviews month-end trial balance of suppliers' subsidiary ledger and make any necessary corrections and ensure that it balances with the general ledger.
44. Ensures proper set up of new vendors with W9 documentation.
45. Maintains the necessary EDP backup at least on a monthly basis.
46. Attends meetings as required by Asst. Controller, Director of Finance and Managing Director.
47. Carries out other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the Director of Finance, Asst. Controller or Managing Director.
1.High school graduate.
2.Preferred prior experience in Hotel/Restaurant operations (payroll included) and Accounting experience required.
3.Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
4.Provide legible communication and directions.
5.Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers).
Complete internal audit function with impartiality. Must have a high degree of professional integrity, and be able to work safe, effectively and efficiently.
Must have skills in database, spreadsheet, electronic mail and other accounting applications. Organizational skills are required to maintain records, and cash count
handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines for payroll and reports
perform job func
Rosewood Hotels & Resorts