Sr. Unix(Solaris 11)/Linux (Rhel 7) Administrator
Summit Technologies, Inc.
Washington , DC 20001
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Summit Technologies, Inc. has an open position for a Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator. This will involve managing, engineering, and daily operations of all UNIX servers with a focus on software deployment services. You must be a US citizen or permanent US resident, as this is a government position requiring a Public Trust clearance. This position is located in
- Provide technical leadership to teams modernizing and enhancing the Information Technology Infrastructure of the enterprise environment.
- Overall infrastructure migration strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Need to have Unix/Sun Solaris 10 systems administration knowledge
- Schedule, plan, and oversee system upgrades.
- Responsible for capacity planning and providing 24x7 support on an on-call rotation model.
- Shell scripting knowledge and/or Perl scripting experience.
- Knowledge on System level support for Oracle application and database Servers, Java application servers and other large-scale databases in a UNIX environment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in supporting and troubleshooting Solaris Networking services and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, LDAP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SNMP, SSL, HTTP.
- Prior experience with UNIX environment with Oracle, Java application servers and Databases.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 8 years of general operating systems experience; that includes experience with Solaris / RedHat systems administration support for large scale UNIX environments.
- Knowledge of installing and configuring Solaris and RedHat operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting SAMBA, SFTP and related issues.
- Experience installing, configuring and building Virtual servers in VMware environment.
- The ability to apply OS patch updates for RedHat and Solaris environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Experience & Certification:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is desired.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity operations on UNIX environment highly preferred.
- Have knowledge on SAN based environment (preferred) and ability to allocate LUNS and create file systems
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please reply or forward the following information firstname.lastname@example.org place 5460 in the email subject line:
- Updated resume in Word format; including MM/YYYY for each employer
- Best times and ways (email address and phone numbers) to reach you
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits)
- Availability to interview and start
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best prospects, and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.