Sr. Technical Supplier Engineer
San Jose , CA 95101
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Hermes Microvision, Inc. (HMI), an ASML company, is a leading supplier of advanced E-beam inspection and pattern verification systems used for advanced semiconductor devices. HMI has multiple years of e-beam application experience and leadership in semiconductor factories, focused on high resolution and voltage contrast imaging. As part of ASML, HMI will boost ASMLs holistic lithographic portfolio of (i) lithography exposure systems, (ii) computational lithography and (iii) metrology. Between these three cornerstones ASML offers application products for process window enhancement, control and detection.
As Technical Supplier Engineer you are the direct link for optimum engineering collaboration between the development teams and our supplier base. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking and excellent people skills, youll work closely with suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP and technological capabilities. By feeding that knowledge back into our development programs, youll enable project team to make the right sourcing decisions.
Main responsibilities (details below):
- Supplier competencies analysis for supplier selection decision making in early design phase;
- Point of contact for information back and forth from Development and Engineering Projects to suppliers to secure technology expertise merged in the best way;
- Review manufacturability, costs, serviceability aspects of a design, during design reviews (concept or detailed design);
- Product Generation Process deliverables as Statement Of Work, TPD Acceptance by Supplier, (Proto) Evaluation report(s), manufacturing flow(s), P-FMEA, Test Coverage Document(s) and Part -Qualification Report;
- Definition of build and qualification strategy in alignment with the Manufacturing Engineer;
- Ensure supply chain be ready to release for volume on time through QLTC gap closure process;
- Supplier related Zero Hour Defects and Root Cause Analysis judgement; implementing supplier improvement actions in response to quality complaints and nonconforming products/ processes.
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of experience in a high-tech environment with complex mechatronics systems and experience with suppliers.
- The drive, energy and initiative to achieve continuous improvement;
- Analytical problem solving skills;
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and suppliers;
- Team player, still able to act independent;
- Result driven, planning and prioritizing capability;
- Willingness to travel internationally (+/- 10% of time);
- Adequate English language skills, verbally and in writing.