Sr. Systems/Security Engineer
Middletown , CT 06457
Posted 3 weeks ago
Join one of CTs 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019s Best Places to Work! We are an expanding IT company that is recognized as one of the Inc 5000s fastest growing companies and the MSPs Top 501.
Exceptional Service. Endless Improvement. Passionate People. Honest and Forthright. These are the core values of Charles IT. We can achieve these values because of our dedicated team, who makes us one of the most successful IT companies of its kind in the region. And because of our team, we offer a level of dedication to our employees rarely found anywhere else. To prove it we encourage learning, professional development and team member input, all in a comfortable family-friendly culture.
Due to growth we are currently seeking to add a Sr. Systems/Security Engineer
to our exceptional team. You will be responsible for leading the development and successful implementation of new product/service offerings; as well as, be a lead technical resource for service issues impacting multiple teams. You will need to be motivated, passionate about moving the organization forward, organized, and detail-oriented.Develop technical implementation, process, SOPs and training on new products/services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for annual assessment of tool set
- Develop technical implementation, process, SOPs and training on new projects
- Responsible for maintaining the Charles IT datacenter, ensuring stability, performance and scalability
- Technical escalation for all issues arising from the data center
- Lead technical resource for major technical projects and product implementations
- Acting security officer for all internal security initiatives
- Architect security solutions for clients
- Responsible for successful completion of SOC II audits
- Liaise with third-party vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Maintain strong client system documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Maintain daily documentation by entering time, expenses, and all work as service tickets in ConnectWise
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in the IT field
- 5+ years of experience in the IT field required.
- Experience in an MSP environment preferred.
- Must hold one of the following credentials: CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, CISSP
- Experience with ConnectWise, Cisco, Meraki, Datto, VMware, Office 365 platform a plus
- Superior communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task and function collaboratively as a member of a fast-paced, client orientated team
- Enthusiastic and dedicated to the challenges of a growing company and client base
- Excellent follow-through to see tasks through completion
- Self-starter with the ability to perform independently with little or no supervision
- High level of organization; strong attention to detail
- Ability to pass a background check
- Current, valid US driver's license is required
Charles IT offers a competitive benefit program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Paid Holidays, PTO, 401K, and profit sharing. In addition, we offer free dry cleaning, a fully stocked break room, Friday team lunches, paid trainings, team-building outings every quarter, professional development and so much more!
Charles IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.