Sr. Staffing Account
Horizon Solar Power
Temecula , CA 92589
Posted 1 week ago
Sungevity, powered by Horizon Solar Power, is seeking a Sr. Staff Accountant who will join our rapidly growing Accounting team in our Temecula, CA location. We are the nations #1 ranked solar company, with over 45,000 installs! The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, time management skills and resolve, along with a tremendous attention to detail and follow-through. A successful candidate will have sound written and oral communication skills, and the capacity to handle multiple projects timely, effectively, and efficiently. Working under the general direction of the Assistant Controller will be responsible for accurate preparation of information involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data necessary to produce financial statements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compile and analyze complex financial information from various sources to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Prepare, review, and analyze complex monthly journal entries, and the balancing and reconciliation of general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Preparation of consolidated analysis and account reconciliation.
- Investigate unusual transactions and/or fluctuations, including regular flux analysis, and determine appropriate accounting treatment for income statement and balance sheet assignments.
- Fixed asset reporting.
- Roll-forward analysis, reconciliation, and reporting.
- Prepare audit schedules, research historical accounting data, and provide analytical data to assist auditors as appropriate.
- Design and maintain financial reporting templates for management.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports to management.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies; elevate issues to supervisor as necessary.
- Create P&L statements.
- Create, update, and maintain various financial reports, such as cash flow, revenue projections, and the like.
- Compile and file sales tax information and remittances in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
- Analyze expenditure trends; research and recommend appropriate resolutions and implement upon approval.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Provide support in quarterly and/or year- end audits as necessary.
- Support and act in a lead capacity in establishing financial/accounting policies, and in providing evaluations and recommendations.
- Train other staff members in accounting procedures, as directed.
- Helps to support and maintain design and documentation of the accounting business processes and functional requirements (process flow, system design and integration, etc.).
- Provide general accounting guidance, expertise, and make recommendations based on expertise and experience to solve complex accounting issues.
- Complete other general and complex projects as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Ability to read, comprehend, and analyze general business periodicals, financial reports, and professional journals.
- Ability to prepare financial statements, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret graphs.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Ability to learn various software programs. Previous experience with QuickBooks, Salesforce and NetSuite (or similar ERP) is highly preferred. Strong spreadsheet/database skills required (such as v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.).
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) in accounting or finance from a four-year college or university is strongly preferred and a minimum of seven years related experience in similar role.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA eligibility desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and financial and accounting software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain accurate financial records, and prepare and present clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing, and operational use.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections, including multi-jurisdiction sales tax reconciliation, reporting, and remittance.
- Demonstrated ability to make analytically sound, independent judgments within department/company guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain moderately complex documentation systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees of various disciplines within various departments and with all internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and maintain accuracy, consistency, and quality in a multi-tasked environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and synchronize multiple projects, without losing detail orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a controlled environment, and to handle extremely confidential data, with a high level of discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to use at a proficient level MS Word, Excel (particularly pivot tables, V-lookup), Access, and Outlook;
- Demonstrably self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Demonstrated continuous professional development.
- Paid sick, vacation, and holiday pay
- 401 (k) retirement savings plan
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
For immediate consideration please apply now!
Sungevity, powered by Horizon Solar Power, is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.