VIEW JOBS10/24/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-22T00:00Unitek College
Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide a superior education in the areas of healthcare and nursing. Unitek College offers seven convenient facilities in California with campuses in Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento and Bakersfield. Unitek College provides healthcare career training, professional development, clinical placement, and employment assistance to its graduates.
Unitek College is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the accounting function including GL maintenance, account reconciliations, journal entries and posting of cash receipts
Maintains all subsidiary ledger (CVUE) transactions impacting Great Plains (i.e. full cycle accounting for all Receivables, Deferred, Revenue, Cash and Bad Debt reserves)
* Will collaborate with Controller on the integration of CVUE and Great Plains
* Monthly Bank reconciliations
* Maintenance of the fixed asset schedules for all companies including recording the depreciation on a monthly basis
* Analyze transactions to identify and correct inaccuracies
* Maintain general ledger and financial files in accordance with US GAAP
* Perform various accounting activities including: GL reconciliations, Journal Entries and month-end close activities
* Assists with monthly, quarterly and annual financial closings and government reporting as necessary.
* Assists management to provide outside accounting firm(s) with accurate and timely information and assist in any review or audit issue resolution.
* Identify improvements and efficiencies in accounting and financial reporting procedures
* Ad-hoc Reporting
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees
* Actively follow and promote a safe working environment
Other duties as may be assigned or determined appropriateUnitek Information Systems Inc.Newport BeachCA
VIEW JOBS10/10/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-01-08T00:00Staff Accountant Come join Bellwether Marine—a company with an unrivaled reputation in the marina industry. Location: Newport Beach, CA Position Summary: We are looking for an exceptional person to provide proven accounting skills. This would include providing support and guidance to our customers and partners along with performing the essential duties and responsibilities listed below. Successful candidates will be required to complete an administrative background screen as part of the onboarding process. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements including reconciliation of accounts and consolidation of statements Participate in the annual budgeting process and ensure goals are being attained. Monthly bank and general ledger reconciliations. Responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Perform reconciliations of identified accounts Prepare general ledger account analysis and reconciliation relating to both balance sheet and income statement accounts Reviews data contained in the general ledger, sub-ledgers and other financial systems to ensure accuracy and reasonableness of recorded financial transactions. Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments. Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments. Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. Summarizes key financial and performance data and analyses as needed Analyzes and presents financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicating monthly and annual financial statements; collating financial reporting materials Performs month-end closing duties. Analyzes accounts, and researches problems. Takes ownership of responsibilities and strives to improve processes and meet deadlines Create year end 1099's Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. Processes Accounts payable, vouchers and prepares disbursements Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of the system of internal controls. Identify areas of internal control weakness and report findings to the Chief Investment Officer Other duties as assigned and necessary. Compensation: Bellwether Financial Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation is dependent upon skills and experience. To Apply: Applicants must go on line and complete the Bellwether Marine Employment Application form to be considered for this position. For a full job description, please click here. Bellwether Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age. To request a reasonable accommodation for a disability, please contact email@example.com. Bellwether Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.Bellingham MarineNewport BeachCA
VIEW JOBS11/6/2018 12:00:00 AM2019-02-04T00:00Mercer Advisors is a total wealth management firm that provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management services. Dedicated to improving the lives of our clients both today and through their retirement, we help them to develop a clear vision of their life goals. We then support their journey by providing comprehensive and coordinated wealth management advice that encompasses all areas of their financial life. Our staff of over 300 in 26 offices coast-to-coast includes financial advisors, attorneys, CPAs, investment experts, and other skilled and talented professionals who want to create a life of choices and freedom for each and every client. Be a part of a growing company and discover your potential.
We are looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to join our income tax team as we continue to expand. The Senior Tax Accountant works directly with clients to prepare and deliver income tax returns, as well as consult on any questions and planning with the financial advisors. They may be responsible for their own book of tax returns to prepare.
The Senior Tax Accountant will be responsible for client tax returns, including high net worth individuals, trusts, and various types of entities. The Senior Tax Accountant will work directly with these clients throughout the year on any questions, projections and estimates required, as well as with Tax Directors, and other members of the team, to assist with their client's needs.
The Income Tax group at Mercer Advisors works in conjunction with financial advisors to provide tax consulting and compliance services to our clients.
The Income Tax group is a fun group of driven and dedicated team of professionals. We are looking for tax accountants who love client service but don't like the headaches of billable hours in a traditional public accounting firm. We offer a great work/life balance, autonomy, and the chance to work directly with a wide variety of clients. We do not do audits or assurance work, and there are no business development requirements.
Essential Job Functions for the Senior Tax Accountant will include:
* Reviews & finalizes tax returns for a large volume of tax clients, including individuals, trusts, and businesses
* Responsible for clear & concise communication with clients on all matters including delivery of income tax returns
* Responsible for timely & accurate responses to questions, estimates, projections, etc. with both tax and wealth management clients
* Maintains accurate list of returns in CRM, including status, fee, collections, etc.
* Stays up to date on tax law changes and is able to communicate the effects of the law changes to clients
* All other duties as assigned
* CPA required
* 4+ years of public accounting experience, or equivalent experience
* Experience with UltraTax and QuickBooks, a plus
* Master's Degree in Tax, a plus
* Highly organized & task oriented
* Ability to handle a large volume of activities at one time
* Ability to communicate concepts to clients and advisors in concise and understandable fashion
Work Schedule: Daytime and evening hours as needed
Working Conditions: Professional office environment, daytime hours, working inside, standing, and sitting, will be assigned to a work station, no heavy lifting over 10 lbs.
We can offer you an exciting, fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a vital role in our growth. Mercer Advisors is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Mercer Global AdvisorsNewport BeachCA