Sr. Software Engineer
Raleigh , NC 27601
Posted 6 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you an inventive software engineer? Do you want to work with exciting technology such as Scala, MongoDB, Kinesis, and Docker? Is it important to you to hold yourself to high standards? Are you a creative thinker who enjoys solving meaningful problems in innovative ways? Do you like interesting technical challenges? If so, SignalPath might have the perfect job for you.
SignalPath is designing the next generation of software for the clinical research site. We focus on enabling efficient, collaborative, timely execution of clinical trials to make research an enjoyable, cost effective endeavor once more.
You will join an interdependent, fun, engaged development organization that is focused on delivering high-quality software solutions.
- Write and maintain our core platform. You will be expected to maintain an eye towards best practices, including testability, scalability, monitoring, and performance.
- Partner with UI engineers and fellow platform engineers in the process of defining our RESTful API.
- Participate in and encourage a collegial, helpful, results-driven working environment.
- Enjoy working in a cloud environment.
- Track record of delivering high-quality features and services in a SaaS web application.
- Hands-on experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Exposure to working with AWS services such as: Kinesis, API-Gateway, DynamoDB, EC2, S3, or Lambda.
- Exposure to working with and building asynchronous microservices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable experience.
- Professional knowledge of relational database systems, such as MySQL and PostgreSql.
- Professional knowledge additional data stores, such as MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Professional knowledge of automation through Jenkins.
- At least 5 years professional software development experience.
- Written production Scala code.
- An understanding of the value of unit tests, and the importance of principles such as TDD.
- Experience with functional programming, in any language.
- Previously used any of the following: Finatra, Finagle, AWS Kinesis, SBT, Specs2, Scalatest, and Typesafe config.
- Exposure to working with protected health information or in a regulated environment.
- Exposure to working with or creating ER diagrams and data modeling
- Developing and optimizing for a cloud environment
- Deployment automation
- Competitive health, dental, life and disability insurance plans
- Great location in downtown Raleigh.
- 15 days of vacation, plus 10 holidays
- Flexible work schedule
Our Joel Test Scores
- Do you use source control? Yes. Git is our weapon of choice.
- Can you make a build in one step? Yes. With Jenkins.
- Do you make daily builds? Yes. Actually, many builds per day.
- Do you have a bug database? Yes.
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? Yes. For our top 3 (out of 5) severities.
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? Yes.
- Do you have a spec? Yes. We love our product owners.
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? No. Well, sometimes. Our (naturally-lit) dev room does occasionally get too loud. You'll hear some laughter, mainly because we like our teammates. We all have the flexibility to work from home, or in the park next door, or with headphones on.
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Yes. Check this out: JetBrains suite; Jenkins; 15" MacBook Pros; Atlassian's JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket Cloud; three always-on big-screen dashboards. And more.
- Do you have testers? Yes. They're the best and saved our butts more than once.
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? Yes. And before the onsite interview, too.
- Do you do hallway usability testing? Yes. With people who really, really understand our users.