Sorry, this job is no longer accepting applications.
See below for more jobs that match what you’re looking for!
Sr. Software Developer (Java/J2ee)
San Francisco , CA 94105
Posted 4 weeks ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
Are you hands-on Sr. Software Developer who is passionate about the E-commerce industry? If so, READ ON
As a Sr. Software Developer, you will be involved with using cutting-edge technologies like Java/J2EE to develop innovative and highly-scalable software solutions.What Youll Be Doing:
- Participate in coding tasks on large projects to stay familiar with the code.
- Collaborate with Architecture in Planning stage on architectural design of projects.
- Provide development estimates based on the high-level requirements, completing Scope Estimate Template.
- Take full ownership of project and iterate with Product Manager until PRD is signed off.
- Own product design and documenting design while working with Architect sponsor and cross-functional project team.
- Stay abreast of design standards and incorporate into product design.
- Identify the need for performance testing early in a project and identify the potential performance impact caused by the new features in the project. Work with load and performance team to ensure impact stays within expected bounds, if needed by doing performance tests earlier in project lifecycle. Use performance analysis tools as needed to trace performance/resource bottlenecks in project code.
- Facilitate code reviews, ensuring they happen in construction phase prior to code complete.
- Ensure unit test coverage metrics are met and nightly builds succeed.
- Ensure team is performing continuous automated builds and unit testing during development as well as adding/maintaining unit test suite, with the goal of ensuring a high level of code quality as code enters the QA phase.
- Manage the project bug queue and ensure QA has a working test environment, resolving issues as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with other department leads to ensure communication and maximum efficiency.
- Review other department artifacts such as x-functional estimates, QA Test Plan, PMO Project Plan, and REG deployment plans to ensure efficiencies and cross-team accountability.
- Provide work leadership to others, ensuring comprehensive task breakdowns and accurate estimates.
- Provide work status to Project and Development Managers and escalates issues on a timely basis, often resolving issues independently.
- Work with NOC to resolve post production issues coming from a release expeditiously.
Were Looking For:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Previous experience leading medium to large-sized development projects using the SDLC methodology.
- 5+ years hands on server-side Java/J2EE development experience.
- Highly proficient with Java/J2EE (preferably Jboss)
- Experience with Spring/Hibernate/ActiveMQ/Oracle
- Extensive experience with object-oriented programming.
- Strong knowledge developing transactional, eCommerce, hosted web applications.
- Experience with performance tuning and analysis tools.
- Strong communication and teamwork required.
So, if you're a Sr. Software Developer who is passionate about the E-commerce industry, APPLY NOW!