Sr. Software Design Engineer
Vandalia , OH 45377
Posted 4 days ago
Johnson Electric (JE) is excited to announce that we are now recruiting for a Senior Software Engineerfor our Vandalia, OH location.
- Responsible for development of software to achieve functional, safety, and system requirements and ensure team delivery of solutions fulfilling application needs
- Assist in team adherence to medical regulatory practices and company procedures
- Design, development, implement and deliver reliable, high quality robust embedded software targeted to complex medical device instruments meeting regulatory standards
- Daily software activities including participation in issue resolution and communication across discipline teams in order to deliver software projects on time and on budget
- Participate in software risk management including estimates of impact on time, budget and scope
- Work with team members to execute code and design reviews of complex medical devices
- Assist in driving design documentation and plans utilizing software engineering best practices as senior C engineer.
- Experience with software design and development for high risk medical devices (class II and III);
- Experience with medical device standards ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 60601
- Knowledge of standards for medical device software development IEC 62304
- Experience in programming languages in C, C++,
- Experience in embedded controller hardware
- Experience in design and development of test tool software - preferable
- Experience in medical device verification
- Mathematics, Physics and Human Factors background is a plus.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
- 8+ Years of experience as a Software Engineer
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
Johnson Electric is a global leader in motion products, control systems and flexible interconnects. We serve a broad range of industries including automotive, building automation and security, business machines, defense and aerospace, food and beverage, home technologies, HVAC, industrial equipment, medical devices, personal care, power equipment and power tools.
Established in 1959, Johnson Electric ships its products to more than 30 countries for use in hundreds of different product applications. Innovation and product design centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Israel, France, Canada, UK and USA. We employ more than 40,000 employees and subcontract workers in over 23 countries.