Sr. Service Desk Technician
San Antonio , TX 78245
Posted 7 days ago
This Job is not relevant Tell us why
SMS has an immediate opening for a Service Desk Technician on our Cryptologic and Cyber Division (CCSD) Security team at our Lackland Air Force Base site in San Antonio, TX. Our team supports the CCSD by ensuring communications are secure and protected against Cyber threats while provide continuous access for authorized users.
As a dynamic systems integrator, SMS offers proven solutions in engineering, operations, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. With expertise in modernizing and optimizing legacy infrastructure and systems, ensuring operational efficiency, and designing, implementing, and managing secure environments, SMS supports business and mission goals with proficiency, quality, and integrity.
SMS has been serving the advanced information technology needs of the federal government since 1976, delivering talented teams and innovative, cost-effective solutions and services to support our customers' missions for more than 40 years. SMS is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with offices and on-site operations at customer locations throughout the United States. For additional information on SMS, visit www.sms.com.
Submit your resume today!
- Provide a single point of contact for resolution of incidents, end user assistance for standard IT questions and service requests. The Service Desk Technician responsibilities include technical support assistance, service request management, remote desktop management, self-help tools, Hardware (HW) and Software (SW) direct service desk support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide customer interface by supporting requirements, such as, network accounts, web browsing (i.e. Internet Explorer), e-mail (i.e. Outlook), word processing (i.e. Word), spreadsheets (i.e. Excel), databases (i.e. Access), presentation (i.e.
PowerPoint), photo editor, desktop publishing, scanning, writing to appropriate media, telephone voice mail and services, equipment issues, etc. Provide multi-media coordination and assistance supporting the setup of conferences, meetings, and Video Teleconference (VTC) operations.
- Provide IT support to resolve and document problems, using appropriate ticketing systems. Escalate problems to the appropriate organization or process, when required. Utilize the priority matrix, as identified in section 7, as an order to responding to service requests (e.g. trouble tickets).
- Support for common, standard user workstations, and associated software (standard/common configuration/build) deployed throughout HNC.
Review, maintain, and correct any configurations that do not comply with Air Force and organizational
Serve as a single source for Standard Desktop Configuration (SDC) images. Control usage and install SDC on all appropriate
Build equipment in accordance with latest SDC images and provide equipment install at user desktop.
Ensure Equipment Custodian Officer (ECO) or Unit Software License Manager (USLM) approves all hardware and software prior to use.
Handheld Wireless Devices
- Support wireless devices (e.g. smart phones, cellular air cards, etc.) users. To include service setup, maintenance, and end user support.
- Specialized Network Support
- Support special network user devices and other mission systems and applications deployed within an unclassified/classified environment or network.
- Remote Desktop Management
- Support capabilities allowing assumption of control of an end user device for problem analysis and resolution.
- Moves, Add's and Changes (MAC) requests
- Provide specialized support for increasing, decreasing, deleting, and adding, location adjustment of services for devices and applications, and port security requirements.
- Design, install, operate, maintain, and support messaging and, collaboration, including Government Personal Electronic Devices/Tablets/Mobile Devices/etc., voice and data plans, supporting servers, end-user mobile, anti-spam, and pop-up solutions.
- Maintain SharePoint helpdesk intranet site, which contains information on standards, security policies, technology ordering and technical tips and hints.
- Measure and provide weekly help desk performance reports to the CSC lead or COR. Provide CSC lead with recommendations to make the help desk more efficient.
- Provide troubleshooting and resolution expertise to determine network component and configuration issues/failures.
- Provide technical assistance to support HNC program initiatives. Coordinate solutions with team leads, supervisors, appropriate managers, specialists and/or Contractor technicians.
- Provide formal, informal, and On-the-Job Training, related to help desk applications, to customers and Military/Government internal staff, as required.
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVB), and Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO)
- Ensure all systems comply with IAVA, IAVB, and TCNO direction. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing, applying, testing, implementing patches, changes in settings, and updating reporting databases.
Utilize existing problem prevention and workload reduction techniques. Recommend enhancements to existing techniques and new techniques to Government
Attend weekly meetings to update Government leadership on status, issues, and resolutions as required.
STIG Compliance: Maintain software and hardware in accordance with applicable Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) guidance.
5-8 years of directly related experience in Service Desk and support. Experience in supporting classified intelligence networks is a plus.
Required: proficiency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Products, and Microsoft Active Directory.
Information Systems Support
- Provide support to the following information systems, to include but not limited to, JWICS, NIPRNet, SIPRNet, NSANet, and Tier networks.
- Install, support, and maintain all computer systems. Plan and respond to service outages and diagnose software and hardware failures to resolution. Implement and ensure security preventive measures are fully functioning.
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVB), and Time Compliance Network Orders (TCNO).
- STIG Compliance
- Maintain software and hardware in accordance with applicable Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) guidance.
Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a team environment.
Demonstrated a strong work ethic and ability and willingness to take on new challenges.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to follow policies and procedures.
Ability to communicate in a clear speaking voice as well as the ability to respond clearly to questions.
Aptitude to address negative situations, and resolve them in a positive manner.
Must be U.S. citizen.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.